privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, October 24, 2014

Kerouac


This new interest in writing haiku is opening a whole new world of authors to my feeble old mind.  It is being fun, challenging and at times a little overwhelming.  Nonetheless when I sit to work on blogs, it is the haiku I check first.  No, I am not converting to Buddhism, but I am fascinated by the poetry format.  Today's featured 'sparkling star' is Jack Kerouac. Please, click here to read the prompt that tells more of Mr. Kerouac's life and works.  The following are a couple of samples of his work as a haiku poet.

The summer chair
rocking by itself
In the blizzard

Those birds sitting
out there on the fence -
They're all going to die

© Jack Kerouac

polka dot sky
round ripples reach the pond edge
heron stalks fish
©  Janice Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings