privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, December 21, 2014

candles

Carpe Diem's Seven Days to Christmas" #3, 
candles

Christmas dinner, 1958.  Granny is closest to the camera.

Granny Chandler always gave me gifts at Christmas.  Somehow she stretched her old age assistance check to give gifts to all of her eleven grandchildren.  I still have a sewing basket and two candle holders she gave me.  Also, a Christmas angel with the word December in gold letters along her skirt.  The angel sits on the shelf next to my bed.  I always think of Granny when I see it.

One candle holder is tucked in a drawer while the second holds a single candle from the our wedding ceremony.  For several years I would burn the candle for a short while on our anniversary.  The 10 inch taper is now only about 2 inches.  It will be burn next on our 50th anniversary.  Granny will be present in the flame just as she was on June 30, 1967.

gift of perfect love
swaddling cloths glow brightly
in the candlelight

©  Janice Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings