privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, September 28, 2015

the sculptor

Carpe Diem #828 Sculptor

Do you have a backstory, a history?  Do you have family and friends?  Were you just found one day and some one gave you a name?  Most likely not.  That does not mean there are not humans in this world that are missing a large chunk of their background.  A young lady once found a lump in her breast.  It was benign. She wished to know her medical history.  She was adopted and had no way to get the information.  

Several of the newer constellations have no legends of gods nor great feats.  The Sculptor is one such constellation.  Invented by the French astronomer Nicolas Louis de Lacaille during his mapping of the southern skies in 1751–52.  He saw a bust, pedestal and some tools.  Such an imagination.

chiseled
from the stars
the sculptor
©  petra domina


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings