privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17?

The older I get the more quickly it seems that the year rolls by and it is time for school to start.  I has been twenty five plus years since the ritual of football workouts for our son.  This week we have watched the grand 'children'.  At their ages it is an easy task this year so far.  Not having early morning practice certainly helps with attitudes.  They can sleep as late as they wish as it is the last week before school starts.

There have been evening soccer practices.  So many pages of reading to be done. And there is online drivers education for the 15 year old grandson.  Grandpa has been taking 15 year old out to less traveled roads for hands on practice.  One day earlier this week they were pulling out of the drive in my Icie.  It was raining a steady rain.  15 year old accelerated a little heavy footed.  Then slammed on the brake as Icie moved much faster than he anticipated.  Skidded ensued.  Then a concrete mailbox met the right fender of Icie.  Slight scratching and denting occurred. And they were not even out of the driveway.This happened in about 20 to 25 feet.

Sweet 15 year old was so shook.  I just hugged him and said I was glad no one was injured.  Next morning we talked about what he thought happened that might have caused the skid.  Shared with him a few times Grandpa and I had experienced skidding on water, on ice and even hydroplaning.  Today as we were heading out to Double Daves for pizza rolls, he told me things he was learning in the online drivers education.  I have decided the online course is the equivalent of studying that book for hours when I was a 14 year old.

It is just unbelievable that it is our son's son we are helping with his driving.  Our son's sons we are shuttling to practice.  Where did the years go?  Cause on August 17, 1973 we drove home with our precious blue eyed son in my arms.  Our only child.  The connection to some future date to enjoy playing Pokemon go with more blue eyed boys.  So thank God for August 17, 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings