privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, February 18, 2017

I Just Do Not Know

We watched President Trump's news conference on Thursday.  I did not stay as engaged as I could have.  We were expecting guests on Friday and I was doing some picking up as well as laundry.   I was encouraged at the opening remarks by the President.  Information was being given in a calm, non-combative atmosphere.  And then the numbers game took the press conference in an unfortunate direction.

It was disheartening to see the reactions on both sides of the podium.  Our president cannot keep himself from continuing to try to justify defend validate his election.  Not sure if this is a baiting tactic or just something he cannot keep himself from doing.  The reporters seem to think they have to correct his every misstep.  To underline every boast by questioning it.  That response to our president does not gain the information the public is looking to receive.  It seems to do little more than prod him into a less productive exchange.

The President again begins defending himself in an almost incoherent manner.  Did someone give him the wrong numbers on who had the most electoral votes?  Why bring it up again, he is the president.  My President.  Our Nation's President.  In one pass through the living room I heard the president say, "Tomorrow, they will say, "Donald Trump rants and raves at the press." I'm not ranting and raving. I'm just telling you. You know, you're dishonest people. But -- but I'm not ranting and raving. I love this. I'm having a good time doing it.  But tomorrow, the headlines are going to be, "Donald Trump rants and raves." I'm not ranting and raving.".

It is just my being a person that does not like conflict at this point in my life probably.  I do not care for all the derailment offered from both sides.  The craziness of it all is wearing on me.  What I know, well, I just do not know.

"Reporters attempt to pose questions to U.S. President Donald Trump during a news conference February 16, 2017 in Washington, DC.  (Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images) ***"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings