privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 2, 2018

Inspired by a recent post on YAM's blog, my mind started working on some things that have been on my mind.  Granted most of the things that have been on my mind have not been especially write worthy.  Stuff like:

  • "man, that window is dirty and needs to be cleaned"
    • did that on Friday
    • now I am thinking it looks better
  • "there is a breeze so maybe if I walk now I will not melt"
    • did get really sweaty, though
  • "Gene just snorted so he must have fallen asleep"
    • needs to use his cpap machine
    • he has it next to his recliner as well as the one by the bed
  • "what do I need to thaw for supper"
    • yes, I still call it supper
    • was raised to call lunch dinner
    • it was a farm thing I guess
Like I said not really worth writing about even though I just did.  I have been choosing to stay out of the political fray as much as possible.  Still signing some relevant petitions.  Still writing members of Congress.  But working to keep silent on things on facebook and here on this blog.  Yam's blog that inspired me was a cartoon about working together and sharing.

Tribalism has reared up like a monster it seems of late.  It seems no one wants common ground.  Calling each other names and fanning the flames of hate or at the very least discontent.  In thinking and reading about this tribalism a thought came to mind.  Family road trips.  

Yep, family road trips.  With three grandsons riding together in the backseat of our CMax for only a few miles it can be almost WWIII.  It can be the same with girls, too, as well as a mix like the Young family.  All of us who rode in a single auto with siblings know the scenario:  "He touched me!  Don't look at me that way!  You are gross!  I hate you!  This is my part of the seat, do not cross this line."  Then there are adults in the auto that attempt to negotiate but usually have to resort to something like "Don't make me have to pull this car over".

About the only thing that really changed all this bickering was the kids maturing.  And yet we adults of our celestial auto model earth seem to want to constantly bicker.  Just like a bunch of kids in the backseats of SUVx, vans and station wagons.  So think on that for a bit this weekend.  How can we adults be the adults in the road trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings