privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, June 3, 2018

June 3, 2018

Hot.  That is what this summer will be.  Photos are posted of the lush green of spring.  Here the grass is brown already crackles from lack of water when touched.  No lushness here.  Dry is, likewise, what this summer will be.  Clouds overhead are for shade only.  The clouds selfishly hold tight to their moisture lest they disappear.  Streams of dust instead of water.  It isn't even summer officially and it is hot and dry.  It is like August in June. 

For 3 hours we stood on the sidelines watching the young men do battle with sticks and ball.  The shaded areas too far from the field to be of use.  And while we are hot, the young men run to grab the ball in the basket at the end of the stick.  The game is lacrosse.  Those young men are glistening with sweat.  And still they run and battle for the ball.  Winners, losers or spectators the result is the same, tired and sunburned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings