privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, February 23, 2019

February 23, 2019

Dates we bury loved ones or the date they passed away are not something I hang on to or celebrate.  One or two exceptions exist.  One is Daddy's burial day, Valentine's Day, 2004, so folks could come without taking off work.  The other was this date.  February 23 is the day my oh so sweet Granny Chandler was born.  Eighty six years later was the day she was buried.  That was 50 years ago today.  She was my protector and sweetheart of a grandma.  Still use the sewing basket she gave me when I was about 12 or 13 years old. 

Yesterday, Feb. 22, was a dear friend's 50 wedding anniversary.  Granny had passed in the wee hours of the morning on that day.  So I helped with funeral arrangements for my grandmother.  That night I stood as Matron of Honor for my friend.  The next day the newlyweds came to the funeral instead of starting their honeymoon.  That is some true friendship.

As for life here in 2019, this is the last day for Lucy to be staying with us.  Her dad will be picking her up about 7 PM.  It has been a bit more of an adventure this time as we were working on the project at our son's home.  One day we worked for several hours and left Lucy in her kennel.  She did not like that.  Another day we took her shopping at The Home Depot and picked up the second cabinet.  She was only semi-happy riding in the shopping cart.  She did love all the attention from other shoppers and clerks.  Yes, we did have a jacket for her to stand on in the cart.  Thursday we took Lucy with us to son's place.  We thought she would be happy being in our sight.  Well . . .

What we accomplished was making DJ the grandgirl dog jealous.  DJ let us know she was not happy.  Would turn a cold shoulder to me if I attempted to pet her.  And if looks could kill I would not be writing this today.  DJ does not share well.  And Lucy really could not stand the tension.  She wanted to be near us but would walk up to the gate and set DJ  off to growling.  Lucy was banished to the garage where we were worked once the new cabinet was installed.

We spent time making the opening and door for the dispenser area.  Square things up, put the square in place, Janice hold and Hubby run the power saws.  Seventy year olds running power saws can be dangerous.  Not as dangerous as Hubby's dad climbing up a ladder.  Hubby's mom starting the engine of the chainsaw and handing up to the 80 something standing close to the top of an 8 ft. ladder.  She then stood below while he sawed limbs off the fruit trees.  They survived but it was the thing for nightmares.  We did stop before we lost any fingers, toes or hearing.  Cleaned up the garage and readied for the next steps:  building floating shelves; stain and varnish all unfinished wood;  install hardware;  mount all in room;  final paint touchup.  That will come next week when Lucy goes home and we do not have a whining DJ threatening to use her adopted dog cousin as a snack.

Some fine tuning on one set of shelves.
Ya'll all have a nice Sunday.  Thanks for the visit today!

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Isn't nice to know you are worth fighting over - even if it is by dogs?! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those washing machines look so strange to me. My mum has a top loader that has the controls like that, but all front loaders have the controls on the front as well. It makes it easier to shove underneath shelving for a start.

    I remember birthdays okay, but am bad at funeral days. I only know my paternal grandmother passed away a few days after her birthday. Not that she knew: her mind was already completely gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings