privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, August 23, 2019

August 23, 2019

It is staying so hot that we do not even want to open curtains.  Nothing has the chance to cool down at night with nighttime temperatures staying in the high 70's (24-25 C).  H u m i d i t y with no real rain is making my life a bit more challenging.  It seems my childhood asthma has reared its ugly head this year.  Yesterday was a scrimmage for the Bonus grandson.  We attended the 5:00 PM game.  98 degrees with 78% humidity.  Nope, won't do that again.  Thank goodness for a good air conditioner in our CMax.  But today I still feel tired.  I am tired of my body having weird new things for me to overcome to function.  Thanks for listening to my self centered rant.

I have become hooked on reading online books.  Mysteries mostly.  An occasional romance for fun.  Whatever is free with Prime is what I grab.  I've read about 15 books since the first of July.  No wonder I haven't sewed or processed photos!  Also, my tablet had been seeping the LCD stuff so I ordered a new screen for it.  And the new screen will not power up.  I am wondering if it is because I have an extra screw.

Now back to the football scrimmage.  The whole bunch of us were there, Son, DIL, Hubby, three grandsons and me.  The Bonus GS was on the sideline we thought.  How could we tell?  No numbers on a single jersey.  Really.  White jerseys, white pants, white helmets and no numbers anywhere.  All we had to go on was he had on white shoes.   About half the team had white shoes.  He has his own stance, crossed arms with most of his weight shifted to his right side.  Finally DIL located him.  I noticed his hair was hanging out of the helmet in back.  As soon as there was a change on the field we lost him again.  Oh, well.  It was the thought that counted, right?

We did join the gang for burgers or what ever at The Rock for dinner.  Air conditioning and cold liquid helped the breathing though I could still not make much of a sound above a whisper.  With the Bonus Granddaughter hundreds of miles away DIL is left in a sea of guys.  That is a bunch of testosterone there.


Wishing ya'll all a safe and fun weekend.  And if you are driving stay between in lines.

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    You take care in that heat dear blogpal... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did great yesterday. Too humid out today so staying put in my easy chair. janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings