privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

March 17, 2020

I am doing ok these days.  Still awaiting a schedule for surgery to repair hiatal sphincter repair surgery.  With it being an 'elective' surgery it may be a few more months.  In the meantime I just do not talk much.   Guess one could say the final diagnosis is extreme acid reflux and a sliding hiatal hernia with complications of low grade asthma and reflux laryngitis.   I still cannot do much that requires my leaning over for any length of time.  Activities like sewing, putting together a puzzle or even food prep seems to create an 'acid dump' (my term) into my throat and voice box.  It can even set off a sinus headache and ear aches.  Not a life threatening situation.

Of course the air waves and digital waves are full of the covid - 19 coverage.  Here is hoping the situation will be contained with minimal infections, deaths and lasting side effects.   Hubby and I are pretty much staying put at the apartment.  Will go to have groceries loaded in the back of our auto in about an hour.  I can walk so long as the weather remains cool and dry.  Hubby has his amateur radio hobby.  Or we can just nap as we are old folks.  😁

Not much to report so will just share some photos I took on a recent walk.






It is time to get out and get some bluebonnet photos.  They are blooming earlier this year.  You all take care out there.  Practice safe distancing.  What the heck, go take a nap.  Enjoy a pint on St. Patty's day.

Peace,
Janice

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...you got me - I just commented over at Thought Prints and then it all disappeared!!! St Paddy at work. Mischievous leprechaun.

    It is good to see you 'out and about' and I hope the procedure is not too far away. No doubt C-19 will interefere with timelines a bit. Crazy world. History will record more about the societal reactions and economic travesties which have occured more than the virus itself, I am certain. Stay strong, stay well. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is the day I was to visit the doctor. It was rescheduled yesterday to March 30. Probably will be a phone call.

      Delete
  2. Let's hope all the madness is soon over and you can get that problem sorted. It sounds awful and I only ever have slight reflux, which is bad enough.
    I am glad to have a hobby in knitting as there is not much else to do at the moment. Will try and find some delivery job tomorrow, right now there must be plenty about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now getting back to this post. Not sure what I have been doing other than sleeping too much. Staying kind of tired for some reason. You take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been home since March 10th and our provincial government closed all schools and University March 13th...Have been quarantined since then. With no car, I can't even go for a drive and did not date take public transit. It was published on the public health website which persons were positive in early March and which subway and bus they took...I had taken both...so I'm sure glad those weeks are gone by now...and I am home and healthy. Quebec is hit the hardest so far representing almost half of the country's confirmed. I do believe we test more here and our March break was 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings