privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, August 16, 2020

August 16, 2020

There is a rather indelicate expression here in Texas to describe how dry it is.  We are dryer than a popcorn fart down here.  Except for a spot or two in the county there has been less than .5 inch (1.27 cm) of rain since early June.   With about 40 days of 100 + F, 37.7 C, temperatures so far this season the earth is baked.  Checking past stats this is no where near the hottest nor driest year so far.  2020 is standing at spot 22 right now.  There have been 15 days straight at 100+.  Longest on record is  42 days straight in 1980 with 40 in 2011.  As the article noted, there is still plenty of summer left to change this.  Forecasts show there will be fewer days with triple digit temperatures.  I am good with that, no need for a record setting year so far as I am concerned.

This time of year the crepe myrtle trees/shrubs are usually covered in blossoms.  This morning as I was walking, I noticed the crepe myrtles in the road median were almost brown.  Certainly no blooms.  With that sort of situation I am not inspired to get out to take photos of dead grass.  I walked across the parking lot and noticed the hair on my arms were sort of crinkled.  My mind thought, dang it is so hot the hair on my arms are singed.  That might be a bit of an exaggeration.  

An update on the chrysalis we had brought into the house.  We apparently killed it.  It never opened up.  We sat the rock table back on the patio.  The chrysalis disappeared in a few days.  The bunnies were showing up looking for something to nibble.  We failed to put lettuce out a couple of days and now I have not seen one for several days.  Of course with the new room arrangement I cannot see the floor of the patio.  The bunny could be there and I would never know it.

7/25/2020 taken through the patio door glass.
  

Oh, another thing we did with our time over the last month was DJ the granddog sitting.  Hubby was beyond diligent making certain she was doing her 'job' outdoors.  We certainly did not want another incident where Robbie the robot vacuum drags poo everywhere.  Nope, not again.  Once in a lifetime is actually one time too many for this old gal!

The reason we were keeping DJ was Son, DIL and 4 of the 5 grands were taking the oldest granddaughter back to college.  Son had rented an Airbnb on Beaver Lake in Arkansas.  They crew enjoyed time in the lake and visiting the area near where Son grew up in Missouri.  When it came time to move Granddaughter into the sorority house, only two people were able to assist carrying items into her room.  That left 3 brothers to entertain themselves for an hour or so.  No blood was drawn nor items broken.  That is always a success.

Oldest Grandson will be attending a local college virtually this year.  He is working at a local restaurant so he did not get to go on the Arkansas trip.  On the nights we took the dog to the house to let her run and play, Oldest sat and visited with us.  Grown grandkids are pretty fun, too.  Conversations about customers to politics to the latest playlist.  

Not much else to tell.  Will leave you with a photo of our living area with the rearranged area.  Hubby likes my chair located close enough for him to reach over and touch me.  This arrangement accomplished that.  He is a happy camper now.  Amateur radio stuff on the right of his chair, remotes and my chair on the left. Everything withing reach.  Now to make him get up and get moving for exercise!

Ya'll all stay safe and healthy!

Janice

1 comment:

  1. I finally found you again...why I don't get regular alerts (?) I am thinking of changing my living room around again too and I did something similar for a a month or so and may try it again this week. I love that Gene wants you to put your chair closer...you are such a beautiful couple. That photo of you two in Old Montreal says it all :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings