privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Ten Minute Free Write


If you had not noticed, yesterday was Christmas.  Does that make today Boxing Day?  Yes, it is Boxing Day, a day when the rich gave servants the day off from chores as well as gifts.  My mind immediately wondered if that is where the origination of re-gifting began.  Just a random thought in my muddled brain.

But I digress.  Our FAB family gift exchange lasted throughout the day.  Hubby and I did our exchange at home while the yeast bread rose and baked.  Once the bread was baked and iced, we headed to the FAB household to join in that gift exchange.  Of course, our favorite puppy, DJ, greeted us with jumps of joy.  Once our packages were brought in, everyone settled back down to the last few gifts they were exchanging.  Our gifts were added to the bunch.  It is always fun to see the excitement as folks open a "just for you" perfect gift.  Giggles from the Beard grandkids as they opened their very own miniature Jeeps.  No more fights over who gets Grandpa's Jeep.  Lolol.  

One of my gifts from Son and DIL was an online writing course.  Son had observed that my blogging had fallen by the wayside.  He felt I needed to get back to this creative outlet.  I am not sure how he became so smart.  Regardless, I started the course this morning.  The first assignment was a ten-minute free write in which I script my dream for tonight.  If I could dream anything I wanted, what would I want?  First and foremost, nothing scary.  I have had too many bad dreams most of my life.

So here we go with a ten-minute free-write.  I close my eyes as if asleep and just begin typing.

Do you feel the wind on my face?  We are in a convertible riding down a beautiful, shady lane in the countryside. Sam, our dog, is laying her nose on my shoulder.  She is in the back seat.  Gene is driving.  I look to see Gene's handsome profile.  Now we are in the Jeep riding on the sandy beach.  The breeze is washing across our faces.  My hair is twisting in circles.  DJ the Granddog is enjoying the breeze.  She has a giant smile on her face.  Out of the Jeep, we are running at the edge of the surf.  Laughter is spilling from my heart.  My sweet Gene holds me tightly as we kiss.  

Sitting on the bow of a longboat we follow the small stream into the Eglish countryside.  I realize I just want to stay in the countryside.  No cities, no honking horns, no impatient people.  Just Gene and I in nature.  In love and forever together.  We are young, in love, and have a future of being together.  Building a life that draws us closer.

I promise I timed myself.  That is not much to write in ten minutes.  It does not matter as it has me writing.  The instructor states that a writer must write every day.  Guess that needs to be my new goal, writing every day. 

Peace,

Janice 

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...I'll be here, monitoring... &*> What a wonderful gift, Janice and I (and a few others) are going to benefit, but not as much as you, yourself!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will, hopefully improve my writing. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings