privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Several years ago our apartment complex moved from a grassy yard to a rock yard.  No more daily watering was the thought.  Tons of rocks were spread across the areas where the grass once grew.  The workmen planted an extensive number of drought-hardy plants.  As the men were working, one noticed a patch of daylilies and a patch of Stella D'ora lilies.  The young man smiled and me and nodded.  Pointing at the plants, he let me know he was leaving them.    
           
Unfortunately, the manager of the complex did not know the first thing about gardening.  Instead of continuing to water the new plants, she stopped the watering.  The plants were never able to establish roots that would allow them to survive the hot, dry Texas summers.  There were a few hardy types that did survive in the shaded areas.  Mostly now the yards are a sea of rocks.  That's not bad as it still conserves the precious water supply.

Recently I have allowed concerns to develop into full-fledged worries.  Sister #1 continues to suffer increased pain.  More pain pills are needed.  There is absolutely nothing I can do about this except post funnies for her to laugh at.  I did enjoy a good visit with her last weekend.  I have lost count of the number of friends and cousins we have lost to mostly the ravages of old age.  This is if you call a 67-year-old person an old person.  Only two friends passed from covid.  

In addition to these things that were on my mind, it appears our apartment rent will be increasing up close to $250 a month at the next lease renewal.  That is a budget buster.  My car needs shocks.  Another $800 most likely.  The car is 8 years old and has 80,000 + miles.  We have always driven our cars until they have at least 150,000.  Some over 200,000 miles.  I did a bit of simple math and figured in about 8 years we will need to be replacing our Icie hybrid.  It hit me that I would be 83 and Hubby would be 90.  A replacement car may not happen in this lifetime.  Yep, worried.

If you know me, you know I am a person of faith.  I have made vain attempts to not worry about all the above-mentioned things.  I would give the worry to the Creator but I take it back.  I looked out my window this morning and saw the daylilies in bloom.  

From the book of Matthew:…28 And why do you worry about clothes? Consider how the lilies of the field grow: They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his glory was adorned like one of these. 30 If that is how The Creator clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will The Creator not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?…Berean Study Bible

Peace,
Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    There comes a point when reality is as hard and dry as rocks... but even rocks have their beauty if we are prepared to see... Sending Love and Blessings, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do much more than just give you a big virtual klem and if it eases even the tiniest bit of worry, that is worth it. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings