privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, September 24, 2012

Birthdays and Buds



Today I joined two friends for a lunch to celebrate a birthday.  The Aviary Cafe and Creperie had the privilege of hosting us gals as we pleasured our pallets.  Paninis with different fillings were chosen by us three.  Soup for one and salads for the other two completed the first course.  The thin two some at the next table split their lunch.  Not us!  I licked the crumbs from my plate and drank the salad dressing in the bottom of the bowl.  My friends did not completely clean their plates as they have more class than I.
View of unique atmosphere of Aviary Cafe.

And of course there must be sweet goodies to polish off the meal.  Mickey chose a salted caramel crepe.  I had the peaches and cream crepe.  Yum!  Bernie, the birthday celebrant sampled each.  Then we walked up the street to a cup cake shop for her choice of chocolate.

The next natural thing for three amigos to do is work off the calories shopping!  It was disappointing to find the shops in the area of the cafe closed on Mondays.  So window shopping saved a few coins.

A few years ago Gene & I briefly considered selling our house and moving into a loft in downtown Springfield.  I could see it still being fun but the clock is ticking on our time of independent living...  So for now I will continue to enjoy birthdays and buds.


Entrance off Jefferson to the Marquette Hotel turned cafe, retail and loft apartments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings