privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, September 7, 2012

Windy Friday

Today started with a 10:00 AM visit with the family doctor.  Yes, we had to check on the INR and the prescribed dosage for the anti-coagulation drugs.  There is this thing that happens when one gets sick, seriously ill, one learns more medical terminology than an old mind can handle.  Pulmonary embolism (PE), pleural effusion, low molecular weight heparin (LMWH), reaching therapeutic levels, sonogram, CT scan, VU with a gamma camera.  Then there is subcutaneous administration of the LMWH, thoracotomy with hemothorax, inferior vena cava, Greenfield filter, reversible vena cava filter, ad infinitum.

http://secondblooming.typepad.com/
But,then back on planet reality, there are, also, the more mundane things that must be checked.  Like, "have your bowels moved?"  Most everyone gets that medical term.  And if the bowels have not moved we then have an entirely different level of conversation from the medical terms.  Stuff like stool softeners and homemade concoctions of prune juice, coffee and apple juice.  And there are cheers when the concoctions are "successful".  Not sure why dimensions, color, etc are necessary but they are always provided.  Everybody say eeeewwwwuuuu.


If you have been visiting my blog over the last few months, you might recall my mother in law considered me windy.  Not for the conditions in the last paragraph but because I talked more than her family did.  Guess I write more than her family did, too.

Today a cold front passed across the Midwestern states.  The temperature dropped from 90 degrees to 70 degrees in less than half an hour.  The accompanying winds caused some damage in the surrounding areas.  We were fortunate, no downed limbs, no water in the fireplace, just a late afternoon windy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings