privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, December 28, 2012

Slacker

According to dictionary.com the first definition of slacker is a person who evades his or her duty or work;  shirker.  Second is a person who evades military service.  The third definition includes such adjectives as:  purposeless, apathetic as well as being in a dead end job.

Yep, that is what I have become, a slacker.  In the 17 days since some minor surgery, I have pretty much blown off at least 3 days in a lateral position and really did not care.  The doctors and nurses told me to expect, "the recovery to be similar to recovery from childbirth.  Only, a 66 year old woman recovering from childbirth."  They were not wrong.  So I am slacking off as reaching stretches long forgotten tendons, ligaments and muscles.  Sitting can still be a bit of a challenge especially on hard chairs.  Even a deep breath can catch me off guard with a twinge of discomfort from innards that were temporarily relocated during the surgery.  But each day is better with less soreness and more flexibility.

However, this new state of slackerness could become habit forming.  I rather enjoyed not caring how the table was set for Christmas dinner.  Well, I cared but not enough to get out the silverplate flat wear.  I did manage to get the grocery store china out for us to use.  When I was working on the 8 child sized aprons, I did not use the edge gauge to make certain the hem stitch was perfectly even.  Oh, my.  Half of those were done before the surgery.  Oh, no.  It has happened just like my Momma said it would, "If you drink a little you will kill a little or cheat a little."

Doomed to hell is my soul.  I have become a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings