privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Rogers' Family Christmas

For over three quarters of a century my dad's family has gathered to celebrate the birth of Christ.  There is usually a lot of food, even more laughter, gifts and the Christmas story read at some point.  Daddy died in 2004 and is still missed.  There is no male in our line of the family to carry the Rogers surname.  The closest is my son whose middle name is Roger.  Yep, that was my nod toward tradition.

Today, right now my family including my son is gathered together at my youngest sister's home in Argyle, TX.  My mom will have all 10 grandchildren surrounding her, three of her four daughters, countless in laws, nieces, a sister and so many great and great great grandchildren I lose count.  It is hard to not be there this year, again.  I have missed a lot of these gatherings over the last 37 years but have made several, too.

They misspelled Daddy's name!
I will close today with a picture of a Christmas card sent to my dad around 1918.  Not sure I will be back to this blog till after the 25th so here is wishing anyone who stops by a Joyous Celebration of the birth of my Savior and yours.

Ok, this is 4 days late as it is not the 26th but it took a while to have time to get the disc with the card scan in it.  I am including a picture from the family gathering for 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings