privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, December 4, 2017

Step Count

Without a regular sized house and garden to maintain I was doing way too much sitting.  December, 2014, I was given a fitbit Zip.  Over the last three years I have been working to increase my step count.  It has been met with challenges.  Knee pain in 2015 caused me inconsistent walking.  Not to mention the two falls when I hit my head causing concussions.  Dizziness and walking are not good partners.  In January, 2016, a total knee replacement had me looking forward to increased activity.  During the trip to Eastern Europe in March and April of that year, I was on the road to a 10,000 steps per day.  In February, 2017, a foot injury had me immobile for 6 weeks.  Back on my feet with new orthotics and support socks I was able to get to the goal of consistently 3 to 4 miles a day.

September of this year brought another setback, chronic IT band stress and a torn muscle.  Physical therapy and determination has me back to walking in 1000 to 2000 steps at a time.  Even though yesterday with a major head and chest cold I accomplished a total of 5000 steps for the day.  With minimal pain and stiffness.

Now I must confess that some of the steps were achieved in a slightly different way.  I had walked 3,123 steps.  I removed my clothing to do some laundry.  I managed to get another 1250 +/- 30 steps by doing the laundry.  That's right.  I failed to remove the Zip from the pocket.  So to not be cheating on the steps, I did another walk, counting my steps till I had the number of steps.  Really.  And I only felt a little agitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings