privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ok, Let's Start Right

It is so near the end of the Julian calendar year it is almost scary.  I am pretty sure 2017 started only a few weeks ago, maybe?  But no.  It has been 363 days since that happened.  What a year in our personal life.  We celebrated 50 years of marriage all summer long.  That trip to France in July was a real highlight.   The trip was follow up by a bang up party in August.  Then hurricane Harvey in September.

That stinking hurricane was the cause of my stressing and tearing a muscle.  So I have been in recoup and rebuild mode since early October.  Just as I was being able to get almost a full mile of constant walking each day, I was hit with a flu/cold/respiratory bug in late November.  After coughing through most of Christmas celebrations, I finally gave up and set up an doctor's appointment.  Good thing, too, as the night before three times I was being unable to get enough air to even cough.  Turned out that was caused by a bronchial spasm.  "Drop your drawers" was the command for the steroid shot in my bohunkus.  It worked and only one spasm since the shot.  Also, a couple of meds to deal with the excessive drainage and I think I will live.

With the weight loss programs we have been using for evaluation purposes for our DILove, we each have dropped a full clothing size.  Hubby probably even a little more than that.  This means we will begin 2018 already in a better state of health than at the beginning of 2017.  In addition we have continued to slim down our possessions, too.  More trips to the Salvation Army are in the near future. 

As for the unfinished projects from 2017, I want to get those wound up by March.  Let me see if I can remember what they are.  Oh, yes, scanning all the photos and documents for two families.  Then compiling a book of our mother's letters to the grandparents during WWII.  Finish the slide show of our trip to France for easy sharing with our cousin who will be coming in March.  Thus the deadline of March.

There is one more big adventure on the horizon for 2018.  Son would like to see us purchase a lake house with him.  It would be listed on HomeAway and hopefully pay for itself by the time I die.  Ha!  That would be a decent thing to leave our half for him.  DIL has some ideas on the color scheme.  Her dad is retiring, selling his home and relocating to Costa Rica!  I know, Costa Rica.  Anyway, a lot of the furniture for the lake house will come from him.  And a few things we have been holding onto with this in mind.  Oh, well.  A new adventure for a couple of retirees.

We may join the Baca center.  There are activities and some volunteer opportunities.  The kids are encouraging us to get out among the people.  I still need some more convincing on this as I do love some lots of alone time.  It is an election year for Congress so I may want to spend my time campaigning for some not bat shit crazy people for office.  Because as I said in the beginning, this has been quite a year.

Have a great weekend to all out there.
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings