privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018

Watching a movie named 'Freedom' after reading yet another piece about MeToo and misogyny.  Makes me think.  I mean really think.  We can all be slaves in one way or another.  Slaves to our jobs. Slaves to our past.  Slaves within ourselves.  Lately I have come to realize just how I am really not a people person.  There are folks that are people persons.  They enjoy being with people.  They interact with others in a way that pleases the people.  The people they feel enriched by being with each other. 

Having grown up in the Methodist church I was and am a person of faith.  I believed God had a purpose for me in this life.  It seemed I had a gift for leadership.  I was probably just being a bully.  One day as I was cleaning the bathroom in our home on Hadley St.  I imagined the moment of my creation.  In whatever language The Creator spoke my name was said aloud.  The Creator smiled.   It seemed I could make folks laugh easily enough.  Maybe that should be my purpose. 

There is no way to move past the fact that my personality grated on those around me in the past.  I displayed a short temper. I do not need any one to tell me otherwise.  Sure I could be nice a little at a time.  But then people would be too close.  I just needed to be away from people.  Just in the quite.  Hard to make folks laugh when I want to be by myself. 

My Hubby wants me to get out more.  I will do it for him.  I will do it for my family.  Cause now that is the main purpose in my life, caring for my little family.  And that is plenty enough for me. I am going to spend the evening taking Youngest to soccer practice.  Then watch Next to Youngest run a mile.  I'll finish the evening watching Oldest Grandson play in the Dragon Varsity Lacrosse game. 

Hope the rest of your week is good. 
Janice

Cuba Gooding Jr. and Bernhard Forcher in Freedom (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings