privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 1, 2018

And the spring sports activities are ramping up these days.  Last evening was a lacrosse game for the 16 year old.  Tonight is track for the 13 year old.  Saturday is a track meet for the 17 year old and the first day of a two day lacrosse tournament for the 16 year old.  Sunday afternoon is a soccer game for the 11 year old.  Not sure when there is a lacrosse game for the 14 year old.  These events will not all be attended as some are 150 miles away from Round Rock.  We discussed the away trips and have come to the decision that only in area events will be attended.  That should keep up up and moving for the next two to three months.  Chairs and stadium seats now loaded into Icie.

Throw in some comedy shows by the nephew and out of town visitors over the next month and we will definitely stay busy.  And hopefully able to move.  I had upped the walking game to about 5 to 6 thousand steps.  Bad move.  This IT band thing is being a real challenge to gauge the right amount of activity.  Is it the distance, the shoes I wear, the length of time of continuous walking?  I just cannot get it figured out obviously, as the discomfort is there.  Not pain but discomfort.  At least I have learned to slow it down or stop at the discomfort level and not 'push through'.  Heat, ice and then stretching once the discomfort is reduced. 

Walking had become so important to me.  The simple pleasure of walking was such a great way to release energy and emotions.  The overall contentious climate in the US just wears me down to the nub.  All the talk about how there is really no such thing as an assault rifle makes me roll my eyes.  In searching to see the history of firearms it seems the first reason for development is for use as a weapon.  And there are all sorts of weapons through the ages.  Stones, knives, bombs, bigger bombs and the list goes on and on.  I just cannot figure out why people want to argue over whether something is a lethal weapon.

And now Putin is proudly displaying the newest round of what shall we call these things?  And Russia is not wanting to take over the world one blogger continues to espouse.  I just wish as much was spent on helping humans be better humans as is spent on inventing things that make it easier for folks that want to kill a lot of humans.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings