privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, February 24, 2018

February 24, 2018

Well, it is Saturday and the Olympic games are coming to an end.  Good thing as our antenna decided not to receive that signal tonight.  I could go stand in different places or move the little antenna around but I am good with it just being over for another four years.  It goes by so very quickly.  Prior to events being shown today the network had a special about the 1988 Olympics in Calgary.  One of the male figure skaters noted that it hit him following his last program dance.  "I had the best skate.  This is what I have worked to for so many years."  In that moment Brian Boitano felt peace.  That special that can be seen here

That Olympics was 30 years ago.  In 2008 we visited Canada and stayed in Calgary.  We saw several of the venues used during that time.  We spent a week in the hotel used by the athletes for the downhill skiing events in Kananiskis.   Hard to believe that trip was 10 years ago, too.
Calgary ski jumps.

Olympic Saddledome, hockey and figure skating facility
I would show you the area for the downhill events but last year's computer crash has those files backed up on discs.  To import them I would have to get out the disc reader.  Make Hubby move so I could get to the backup discs.  Then sort thru about 10 discs.  You will just have to be satisfied that if you have seen one ski hill/mountain, you have seen them all.  

Hope you have taken time to watch some of the Olympic events.  The athletes are amazing.  From skiers to snowboarders to figure skaters and speed skaters.  Amazing talent.  Amazing commitment.  Amazing determination.  And just plain old guts.  

You all have a terrific Sunday.
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings