privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, February 15, 2018

February 14, 2018

Today is not a day about love.  Today is another day where lives have been needlessly ended.  Let us all face it there are too many guns.  Too much ammunition.  Too readily available.  I know I will get all this feedback that guns are not the problem.  No, but the culture where guns are idolized and sold for no real reason for ownership other than there is an amendment for an organized militia is just not right. 

I hear how the forefathers were doing this for our protection.  Really?  When repeat firing instruments were available only to the wealthy?  No way the founding fathers dreamed of a time that pretty much anyone can own a gun store.  One on every block.  And sell innumerable guns and ammo to whoever does not fail a minimal background test.  And that the guns could shoot so rapidly.  Do you really think the founding fathers intent was to have the public so heavily armed that church and schools were and are war zones?  Really?

The gun culture is as much about $$$$ and power as anything.  It puts $$$ in the pockets of the makers and sellers.  And the NRA puts $$$$ in the pockets of politicians.  Follow the $$$ and you will find the problem. 

And Yes, there will always be bad people and killing.  I am not stupid.  13 shootings since the first of the year.  There have been two different instances in our area where plots by teens have been stopped since the first of the year.  One in my grandson and granddaughter's school.  Damn right I am worried.  And you should be, too.  It is past time for the adults to begin showing the children how to behave.  Do not worship the gun nor believe in The Gun to save you.  Those are what God is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings