privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 6, 2018

Monday evening we had two activities and we made it to both of them on time and with $$$ in hand.  I know!!!  The first was G-man's last basketball game of the season.  He fowled out which carried on a family tradition.  I played basketball, sort of, back in the day.  I fowled out most of the time.  The second activity was watching my youngest nephew in an improv competition.  I have never done improv.  It turned out that the improv did not start till 9:30, an hour and a half later than we expected.  So we took the extra time to go do a bit of shopping at Walmart. 

We needed necessities like cleaning supplies, yogurt, bath tissue, etc.  We gathered it all up and went to the 'check yourself out' line.  That is when I noticed the scanners were NCR.  That sent me into a series of memories about working with Ray Alexander, an engineer with NCR.  We worked together on the layout parameters on the large mother board that was used for the first generation inventory computer for Walmart.  That was in the early 1990's.  guess it worked as Walmart is still using NCR equipment.  Though certainly not that board that is 25 year old technology.

Today we watched the test launch of the Falcon Heavy rocket.  A heavy payload rocket system designed and implemented by private money.  Really amazing to see this new advance in space technology.  Watching the rockets that helped launch the payload land so perfectly was a m a z i n g.
Memories again came flooding back.  Sitting in the sophomore section of the MHS auditorium watching the launch of Friendship 7.  John Glenn was at the controls.  It was February 20, 1962, 56 years ago. 

I guess this means I am just an old person.  Daily activities spur memories of my youth or working days.  Yep, I am old.  But I am still making a few new memories, too.  Like watching the G-man play basketball and Nephew pretend to be a sea turtle.

Have a good Wednesday and make a new memory.

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings