privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 21, 2018

Just another day in the life of a retiree.  With all the online grocery shopping yesterday there were groceries to be picked up today.  Hubby received a text so he made the second run before breakfast.  I call it second cause I had made the first run last night to HEB for that order.  Just after noon and 3000 steps I made the last run.  Groceries were all put away and laundry had been finished.  Due to a tissue being left by moi, there were tissue bits all over the floor.  Time to vacuum.

Surely I am the only person in the world that does this.  I noticed there were bits of stuff on the chairside tables.  That meant dusting first to be able to clean up the bits.  Tables and other furniture done I ran the cloth across the pictures in the kitchen area.  Then I remembered the top of the fridge.  OMgoodness.  You know that icky, gooy dust that is a combo of dust and grease?  Yep, everything on top of the fridge was coated.

After the usual soap and water was just yucky I decided to give the alcohol hand cleanser a try. Bingo.  I did a great job getting the goo off.  Granny's 65 year old fan is on top of the fridge.  It runs just fine and was covered with the grime.  I even pulled a few things off the top of the cabinets and gave them a cleaning, too.  Doing more would have required the 8 foot/2.4 meter ladder.  I really meant to only knock the crumbs and dust off the tables so I stopped.  That was a good hour after I had started to vacuum up the tissue mess.

Anywho, I did get the vacuuming of the living room done.  Hubby did the bed and bath while I started the mopping of the living and kitchen area.  But before I had actually turned on the vacuum a trip to the bathroom for bathroom things was required.  I noticed something moving in a weird way on the floor.  It was small.  I thought it was a winged ant.  Upon examination I discovered it was an ant working to carry a brown, flat something.  Maybe a portion of a leaf we had tracked into the house.  I had to smile.  And then the song lyrics started up in my head.  The one about the ant moving a rubber tree plant.  Now you have an ear worm, too.



Later after all the work was finished, dinner was eaten and I had settled into the easy chair I watched the news.  School walkouts and protests.  Yes, these young folks, their parents and parents from other school shootings were using their voices.  I am pleased to see the youth being engaged.  They have high hopes.  To see something change will take more than a single day's protests.  Probably will require this young generation to become the leaders before the changes happen.  My hope is they will not give up and be like a whole bunch of ants.

Have a wonderful Thursday!  I will be working a phone bank for a candidate I am supporting.

Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings