privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, February 16, 2018

February 16, 2018

Today was Hubby's morning to join Ham Buddies to 'chew the fat'.  This is both metaphorical and literal.  A breakfast at McDonalds and visiting, chat and chew.  Amateur radio is discussed as well as the past professions.  IBM was one of the former employers for most of the group.  So the development of computer and electronics is chewed on along with egg McMuffins. 

Personally, I after over 4 years in Round Rock have no developed one single new friend.  Not one.  That started out because I was splitting time between the Dallas area and here.  Mom was still alive and Sis #4 need relief from the constant pull on her time.  Caring for an elder even if the elder is in an assisted living situation is draining on one's energy.  And one's mental energy.  Watching that strong, capable being descend into a child is so very taxing of all involved.  Especially when that elder realizes that loss of self.

But I digress.   I have relied on the internet for virtual friendships.  We even visited a blogger friend in 2015 while in Canada.  Missed an opportunity in 2016 to meet Mara while in The Netherlands.  Neither Mara nor I realized she was visiting her parents at the same time we were in Amsterdam.  The virtual friendships have been very satisfying.   I have been thinking I should reach out again but the drive is just not there.

The drive is not there for much of anything lately.  Writing haiku and photography are not happening.  Possibly it is the colder than normal weather.  The flu epidemic is keeping me more cautious than usual.  One of our grandchildren has the flu right now.  The reality of getting sick again is enough to keep me from being very close to folks right now.  Somehow it feels deeper than that. 

It feels like that there is not much fun in our life right now.  Life feels dark and foreboding.  Walking had been my release.  That went by the wayside with the IT band and torn muscle.  I topped 5000 steps one day this past week.  I was down with spasms in my back and legs the next day.  Yet this is all minor when I look around at the pain so many people are facing right now.  Can you imagine being a child in this day and time?  You are raised by you parents only to find out that time they moved made you an illegal immigrant?  Can you imagine being a child or teen sitting in a classroom and watching your friend or teacher being gunned down?  Those thoughts are so hurtful.

Life is just too damn serious right now.  I need some fun.  Somebody tickle me, please.  Or tell me a good joke.  Till then, here's one for you that Google home just told me.  What is a balloons least favorite kind of music?  Pop.  Yes, I can ask Google to tell me a joke.  What do you call a Labrador that becomes a magician?  A Labra-cadabra-dor.

Peace and love,
Janice




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings