privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, September 20, 2013

My Summer

My Summer
by 
Janice Elaine Rogers Adcock

Now all my white clothes are put neatly away.
I saw honking geese fly overhead just yesterday.
And the colors of autumn are surely not far behind.
Now as I recount my summer I'll try to be kind.

There were trips to care for a Mom on the mend.
A visits from grandsons when I fell on my end.
A house on the market made work inside and out.
Clearing the house, the yard and even a downspout.

Between trips to help my family down home,
The trusty old dryer gave a creaky last moan.
And not to be the least bit out done
The air conditioner quit, that *&j4 son of a gun.

My Mom was moved and we cleared out her place.
With the trailer all loaded we returned in a race.
The doctor called saying Gene's Mom was quite ill.
We returned to find her smiling, sort of being a pill!

With the home air conditioner still on the blink
We headed once more to Texas, I think.
Yes, this was the trip to visit grandsons and Son.
We laughed, we worked and we had some fun.

The last trip back on the well traveled road
Found us both quite tired from the summer's load.
Then the Jeep's oil gauge quit working as well.
That's all I have to say about my summer from Hell!

For more summer stories pop over to Gretchen or Ginny Marie for more Spin Cycle fun.  Or press below.

Mom and I heading for an Arizona outhouse, Circa 1953.
California vacation and we both have on hair nets
Second Blooming

4 comments:

  1. A poem! Perfect way to summarize the summer from hell. And that picture of you and your mom! I love, love your sweet dress. That's JUST the kind of picture my Daddy would have taken. He delighted in taking embarrassing shots of my mother's behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer may have been from hell, but your poem is delightful! Thanks for joining in the Spin Cycle this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog through the Spin Cycle. You're a great poet! I guess you're glad the summer is over. :) May your autumn be more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well writing a poem looks like a good way to make lemonade out of your lemons! Summer 2013 had some bad luck for me as well. Hope the Fall is treating you better so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings