privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The House of Representatives Are a Bunch of Drama Queens

I hate the absolutely unnecessary drama coming out of the House.  I see a. bunch of maybe even well intentioned people insisting on not funding a legitimate program.  It is health care, folks.  We call ourselves a Christian nation.  The politicians want to balance the budget on the backs of the very people Jesus told us Christians to look after, the children, the widow, the poor. 

Comments of how we are so worried about how "my" health care will be effected with Obamacare tell me that we are worried about ourselves first.  I am a person who was relegated to either no insurance due to a pre-existing condition, arthritis, or extremely expensive insurance.  I settled for a policy with $54,500 limit on any hospital stay.  And it had to be an overnight stay.  I was stupid to think I would have no trouble getting insurance once I left employment.

My fault, my bad.  But I do not believe that an industry that is still making record profits is entitled to continue to have its way with the public.  That is part of the changes that the Health Care Reform act addressed.  Let's not send our nations credit rating into another downward spiral in a fight to defund health care.  God forbid it be done to oh, let's say maybe defund the excessive tax breaks for the energy industry.  God forbid it be done to implement performance based bonuses to corporation mismanagers.  Mismanagement like the financial folks that brought about the 2008 economic crisis.  No let us not put those programs in peril.  Is it because those folks would no longer fund campaigns, fun weekend retreats, etc.?

We may want to think we are a Christian, loving nation but let's take a look in the mirror.  Is it really going to diminish my health care for widows(widowers), children, disabled and other poor folks to have a chance at just the basic care?

12 “Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God’s Law and Prophets and this is what you get.". ..... Matthew 7:12

And if the House members are in need of drama become actors or race care drivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings