privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

above - below

Carpe Diem Haiku Writing Techniques #19 as is above; as below

an angle of geese
snuggling under the warmth
goose down comfort

©  petra domina 
 
This is an attempt to write a haiku that "the first line and the third line exhibit a connectedness or a completeness.  Hmmm.  Not sure if I did it so let's look at what the masters have written.


rain
the horse's head bowed
straight down


© Jane Reichhold

snow on snow
this night in December
a full moon 


© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

Basho was staying with the rice merchant Tokoku in Nagoya, two members of the renga group had a grave difference of opinion. Basho, as acknowledged leader, was in charge of easing the tension. The message seems to be that radiance is everywhere. In my opinion a "real" case of "as is above; as below".

steel blue night
the old pond ripples in the breeze
mirrored full moon


© Chèvrefeuille

colored leaves
struggling with the wind
dance through the street


© Chèvrefeuille
Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings