privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Saturday, January 16, 2016

gingko leaves are falling

Carpe Diem Sparkling Stars #23 Soseki's "gingko leaves are falling"

Natsume Sōseki (1867-1916), born Natsume Kinnosuke, was a Japanese novelist of the Meiji period (1868–1912). He is best known for his novels Kokoro, Botchan, I Am a Cat and his unfinished work Light and Darkness. He was also a scholar of British literature and composer of haiku, kanshi, and fairy tales. In Japan, he is often considered the greatest writer in modern Japanese history. He has had a profound effect on almost all important Japanese writers since.

people of my age -
with the passing of years
less impurities to cleanse             
Sōseki

when they strike the bell
these gingko leaves are falling -
Temple Kencho-ji                        
Sōseki

smile of young geisha
steadying old man's arm
thoughts of long ago

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock

Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings