privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, January 24, 2016

hot springs

Carpe Diem #903 hot springs


View of Hot Springs from the mountain tower in winter. Hot Springs National Park (color)
Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA
tucked in hills
hot springs bath house row
warms the souls

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock


healing springs
wrapped in a fragrant mist
gush from earth's depths


©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock



Baker Hotel remains, Mineral Wells, TX. ©  Janice Adcock 2015
The curative power of water to soak in or to drink is not new.  Ancient Native American artifacts can be found around the sites of the wells.  Boquillas Hot Springs has crude tubs carved into rocks long ago by the Native Americans.  The world wide use of hot springs can be traced back tens of thousands of years.

passing fad
empty ruins holding watch
spirit waters flow

©  Janice 'petra domina' Adcock


Thanks to Chèvrefeuille for daily prompts on 

CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings