privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, April 1, 2018

April 1, 2018

Well, I did not get back to tell the rest of the story of Monday, March 26 th's excitement.  Hubby and Cuz took the Jeep to the bike trail.  I know that may seem somewhat counter productive.  But there are not many good bicycle lanes in our area.  More than one bicyclist has been struck by autos with less than observant drivers.  So Hubby drives to the bike trails.  Oops, off on a tangent there.  Back to the story.

The week before Cuz came to visit the Jeep would not start.  I mean the starter would not turn over.  Hubby, whose career was all about repairing things, had me sitting in the Jeep engaging the starter in all sorts of conditions.  Engaged brake, in neutral, in park, etc.  He was listening for relay clicking.  He wants to figure out the problem before taking it for repairs.  It is what he does.  Anyway, it ended us that good old AAA was called and the Jeep was transported to the repair shop.  Diagnosis, a new starter.  That will be $425, thank you.

Jeep was retrieved with the help of Cuz on the day she arrived.  Hubby was happy cause his Jeep was working again.  Cousin was safely here so there would be bike riding and Jeep trips.  Over the course of the next few days the Jeep was started and stop many times.  The Jeep was used to travel to urgent care on Monday after the fall.  Hubby could not bend the leg enough to get back in the Jeep to be transported to the hospital ER.  I took our Icie, picked him up and left Cuz to take the Jeep and bicycles back to the apartment.

Hubby and I made it to the ER and Cuz calls Hubby.  "I cannot get the engine to stop".  What?  Just a week ago he could not get it to start.  Now it keeps running even with the key removed.  And she cannot get it out of park.  What to do?  Well, I cannot leave Hubby.  Besides, I would be useless as mammary glands on a boar hog.  Cuz decides to call good old AAA for help.  When she describes the problem the AAA guy suggests putting the key in the "start" position and see if the gearshift will engage.  That worked.  Good thing as AAA cannot transport running cars.  : /

Cuz who is totally unfamiliar with our area sets the GPS to take her to the repair shop.  Of course, it takes her up on the tollway and has her moving across 3 lanes in less than a block.  Already unnerved over the now referred to Stupid Jeep, the excessive traffic is piling up the proverbial straws.  And of course her cousin/my husband is in the ER with a swelling leg.  Cuz gets out of the Jeep, walks in the shop and gives the short version of the last repair, "You just repaired something on this car last week for my cousin.  It won't shut off and is in the parking lot still running.  Do something." 

Would you think the first thing the repair shop would do was say, "Who was the technician that worked on it."  How the heck would Cuz know.  Look it up and get it fixed.  The technician is found and told to look into the situation.  These are some of the texts Cuz and I exchanged while I was in the ER with Hubby and she was dealing with the !*&$ Jeep. 

  • 2:45 PM  they think they can repair it quickly.  i'll just wait.
  • 3:15  No, they have to order a part.  They have a car to take me back to the apt. in a few minutes.  How's Gene?
  • They have taken him to xray his leg
  • 3:30  No car to transport.  Part on its way. 
  • 3:40  Will have a (transport) car in 10 minutes
  • 4:00  No broken bones!  Leg still really hard and still swelling
  • Great on no break.  Car never showed.
  • 4:30 Part here, any news?
  • Waiting on ortho
  • 5:15  Part replaced heading to apt. keep me updated
  • 5:50  Has to have leg lanced asap to relieve pressure
  • 6:00 (this was Cuz part of  phone conversation)  I have the bikes both put away.  Jeep is parked.  I'll grab a shower, a snack (remember they had been biking since early morning) and head to the hospital. Me:  Could you take a photo of Hubby's medicine list so I can answer questions?  It is tucked behind the bathroom mirror.
In between 3:30 and 6:00 Son is coming and going transporting Youngest to soccer practice, fielding business calls  and the stuff of a young executive's life.  I am just fielding phone calls, texts and questions.  I did leave about 4:45 while Son could stay to get the car gassed up (something Hubby was going to do after the bike ride) and grab loose shorts and medical info for Hubby from our apartment.  We are only about 10 min from the hospital.

Hubby goes into surgery at 7:10 PM.  Cuz gets to hospital a few minutes later.  She retold the Jeep adventure and hands me the broken part.  No additional charge as they had missed the defect.  She adds some details about when she finally got the Jeep back and unloaded it.  She had put Hubby's bike in the storage room.  Her bike went back on her car.  She decided the GPS needed to be put away.   She tried to put the GPS into the center console.  It would not open.  Tried to unlock to open it.  I t    s t i l l    w i l l    n o t    open.   Curse words were breathed.  Okay put it in the glove box.  She opens the glove box and the whole thing falls to the floor of the Jeep. glove box junk spills all over the the Jeep.  Curse words said loudly.  Just lay there.  I am done with this Jeep!!!!  She hid the GPS under the seat and said goodbye to the Jeep as she blest it one last time.  

Cuz decided to go home a day early.  She did not mention that she would be back next year.  I cannot imagine why she would not want to come back for more StupidJeep fun.

2017 Jeep fun with Icie parked to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings