privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, March 21, 2019

March 21, 2019

After being worthless on Saturday, I worked at not doing much more on Sunday.  Hubby rose early.  He left me a note he was gone to Son's to work on the project a bit more.  I wanted to see my family so I followed him about an hour later.  Remember how I said be safe in the last post?   #3 grandson now has a broken arm.  He was playing basket ball and received a 'nightstick' break in his right arm.  Yes, 3 of the four grandsons are now in recuperation phases. 

Humming bird left before I had my camera ready.
Monday was the first day of spring break.  It was time for us to do grandkid duty on Monday and Tuesday.  With 4 boys ranging from 17, 15, 14 and 12 things should be safe.  We took the morning to just sort of drink coffee and enjoy being together.  About 2 PM we showed up with food for the 4 boys.  They all ate and I worked some more on the laundry room project.  Some how before we arrived DJ the dog had knocked a watermelon off the counter and it split open.  The remains were on the fence.  That sounded suspicious to Son and DIL.  Boys....  We had our doubts that is what happened.  Cause you know the saying, "One boy is one boy, two boys are half a boy and 3 boys are no boy at all."  No telling what 4 boys are. 

Tuesday was another beautiful day.  We arrived at Son's home with donuts for the 4 boys.  Hubby took #3 year old grandson to an orthopedic clinic.  I visited with the grandson's on and off.  Sanded and second coated the bottoms of the two floating shelves.  Managed to dump the can of polyurethane on the garage floor.  Said a bad word in front of #1 Grandson.  He laughed and retrieved paper towels for me to clean up the mess.  Guess I like to keep busy by making messes to clean up.

A text message notified me that Oldest sister has to continue on IV antibiotics for 2 more weeks due to the severity of her infection.  She is now in a skilled nursing facility as none of us were prepared to deal with IV's at her home.  Nope, not any of us have nursing skills.  That development means no return trip to Dallas next week.

Ahhhhh, Spring.  Wednesday I spent time scrubbing the hallway in front of my apartment.  At some point a couple of months back a bag I was taking to the trash container was leaky.  I did not notice until a few days later that a disgusting drip trail lead to my own front door.  Grumpy body and cold weather resulted in leaving the yucky drips alone.  After getting some walking done, the broom and bucket came out of the closet.  Elbow grease and hot, soapy water made the hall look better.  I did not do the entire hall with multiple scrubs and rinses as the hall is the length of the building.  I did get my spots cleaned up and that made it look better.

The spring decorations were put by the front door.  Some of the others were brought to the living room to be put out over the next few days.  Next week will be spent getting ready for our guest that will arrive on April 1.  Tomorrow is a pick up Nephew day.  Friday will be hang the two floating shelves day.  And the laundry room project will be complete.

Birds were hanging around the Son's place.  I had remembered my camera!  Here are a few shots. 

Great White Egret 

Shaky hands and about 100 yards away as well as the egret was landing.

Northern cardinal, male, and what I thought was a female

Egyptian Geese, first pair 
Second pair, Egyptian Geese


Not a two headed goose but a third pair of Egyptian Geese

I cannot resist flower photos

# 3 Grandson, note brace on arm

Not a female cardinal but a cedar waxwing.  There was a flock of them

Oldest #1 Grandson and DJ.  See the wild bluebonnet in the lower left?

Oldest of them all, Grandpa and DJ putting the stand back together after knocking it down.  Making work....

Back or Son's house and one geese couple
Not gonna tell you to be safe, just gonna say thanks for stopping in for a visit.


5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Firstly, my thanks for the font update - it's lovely!

    Secondly - What the..? I am going to throw it back at you all ... BE SAFE!!!

    Thirdly - sending continued "POTP" for your sister. I am guessing it is the hospital-induced infection that is rather too prevelant now? My aunt of a similar age went through that last year, for her second knee replacement (!) and we thought the end was nigh. It took six weeks before she recovered and could return home.

    last but not least - huggies to you! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thanks for letting me know about the font. What good is a blog post if it cannot be read.
      2. I tell the grandsons to be safe. They do not heed.
      3. You are probably right about the infection. She was more susceptible because of the recent surgery.
      Thanks for the hugs. Nephew cancelled his appointment today so another day off.

      Delete
  2. Wow, perhaps you should just ask the remaining grandson to break something and be done with it? Or is that going too far?

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family have had a rough trot recently for sure. I'm happy to see the sun is shining and the little birds are keeping you amused. Here's to a happy Spring for you all. Love your Grandson's shorts!
    Hugs
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Egyptian Geese look so beautiful...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings