privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, September 22, 2019

9-21 and 22-2019

It is nearing the end of baseball regular season here in the US.  My hubby is a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan.  After watching and listening to the games for the last 50+ years, I have become a fan myself.  It is almost a daily ritual from late March through September for us.  Saturday the game was a long one with lots of walks.  The lead changed hands probably 5 or 6 times.  The game was in the bottom of the ninth.  Cards were ahead by one run.  Carlos, who we like, was the closer.  Carlos walked the first batter after my man Yadi could not hold onto foul ball.

Hubby was on the edge of his seat.  Well, on the edge of his recliner sort of kinda.  Hubby is not an excitable person except when it comes to his Cardinals.  He gets concerned.  He will let out an oh no.  Or say he would not have called it that way.  Now remember this guy has the sloth as his spirit animal.  The team won and he did not even change his expression.  Our son called immediately from two states away about the win.  Hubby just cracked a smile.

Sunday afternoon was another cliff hanger of a game.  The Cards, also known as the Cardiac Cards, won with a tie breaker double base hit in the top of the ninth inning. Still Hubby showed little excitement even though this clinched a post season playoff berth for the Cardinals.  In addition the Cardinals' win made it a sweep of the Cubs in a four game series in Wrigley field.  The first time for that feat since 1921.  Still not much of a reaction.  That's the guy I love and cherish!



His tempered reactions have always been a huge reason our marriage has survived and thrived for 52 + years.  My quick temper was a negative from the start.  Slowly through the years he and his family have evened me out a lot.  Of course I have also been the one that was willing to take risks at times.  Some did not go too good.  Others worked out for the better.  Basically we have been a pretty good fit. 

Other than the ball games this past weekend we have had grand animal duties.  Son, DIL, two of the grandsons and Grappa (DIL's dad) all went to Arkansas to attend parents weekend at the granddaughter's university.  We chose to sleep at home but spend time at Son's home during the day and evening.  That means DJ was sleeping here, too.  With us. In our bed.  Friday night our first chore was a bath for her.  She was smelling like a dog.  She loves playing in the water so bath time is easy.  Once dried she smelled like cucumber melon.  Much better.

Cough and voice are improved.  But the breathing is still not easy as it should be with the heat.  Guess that about catches us up on all the happenings. 

Ya'll take care.

GO CARDS!
Image


5 comments:

  1. I have never really liked sports that much, mainly because they would be shown and all the children's programs were cancelled or delayed. I hated that. Since living at home again, I had to get used to watching a lot of tennis, football (the proper one), cycling and darts. Soon however, there is another sport vying for attention, the only one I ever loved properly and really followed: biathlon. The cross country skiing and rifle shooting make it such a fantastic sport to watch. So, my season will be November to March!

    Good to hear your voice has improved, although the breathing is still not good. Hoping that will go the way of the voice soon.
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kiddo! Good to have you one the site. Yes, the kids went to France to watch the Women's proper football competition this summer. All five grandkids played soccer. Only the youngest is still playing. The sports of all sorts preempt my favorite shows, too.

      I made the mistake of attempting to vacuum today. Set off another coughing attack causing breathing problems. Oh, well. Guess I'll just continue to sit and look beautiful, ha!

      Peace

      Delete
  2. Hari om
    I enjoy sports of different kinds...currently the focus is the world cup rugby union 😀
    Still in travel mode. More another time. Yxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking time to comment! Continued safe travels.
    Namaste. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings