privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, May 23, 2021

April 19, 2021

Back in April I had started this post.  Unfortunately I was becoming more and more lethargic.  Constantly coughing and increased use of the rescue inhaler.  Finally my May 10 scheduled asthma appointment with Dr. Henry arrived  Lung tests showed all was well with the lungs.  So why all the constant coughing and difficulty breathing.  A description of the stuff I was coughing up led Dr. Henry to treat me for a sinus infection.  Now almost two weeks later I am soooo much improved.  No more rescue inhaler.  Coughing is almost non existent.  I am ready to finish this post started on April 19.

Goodness.  Another busy several weeks in my old person life.  We filled our days while Cousin was here looking for patches of bluebonnets.  We, also, visited some local interesting historical sites. Here are a few of the sights.

Mount Bonnell


Austin view from Mt. Bonnell


I would show you photos of the vast fields of bluebonnets outside of Brenham, TX.  Unfortunately the memory card was in my computer 2 hours away.  So here are a couple of cell phone shots.  No bluebonnets.  Ugh.



Even when we went on the 'go to' place for bluebonnets, the Willow City Loop, just a smattering of bluebonnets.  Lots of Prickly Poppies filled in for the masses of blue with masses of white.





And the occasional hawk sighting.


Evening found us in a small bed and breakfast outside of Fredericksburg, TX.  The place was full of all things from the 1930's through the 1960's.  Way more than I would want to dust, just sayin'.



The last day of Cousin's visit we dropped by Luckenbach, TX. If you are a country music fan you may have heard a song about this wide place in the road.  Made more famous by Waylon Jennings' song.





Accessing a Facebook group that was recording the best locations for bluebonnets had sent us to Brenham.  Lots of missed photos.  Last stop was a bonanza for bluebonnets along the Colorado river (not the Colorado river of the Grand Canyon).  Horseshoe Bend State Park had several acres of the blues to enjoy.  And we did along with a picnic lunch.  


Somewhere in the middle of all the short bluebonnet jaunts we celebrated Easter with a wonderful meal with our Son, DIL, Youngest Nephew, Cousin and Bonus Grandson.  The location was an upscale restaurant.  A celebration of all having our shots as well as the Resurrection.  Also, the 14th anniversary of Hubby's miraculous recovery from a massive blood clot.   So much to celebrate.

Cousin left to her home in the KC area the next morning.  The next day I sold the bed we had been providing for guests for about 20 years.  I had paid $100 for it.  The people paid $150 for it.  Talk about supply and demand.  We are planning on replacing the bed with something that takes less storage space and lighter to manage.  Folks still welcome.

That catches you followers up through mid April.  Of course today is nearing the end of May.  Yep, feeling much better.  Hopefully will see you tomorrow with a bit more of an update from Central Texas.

Peace and joy,

Janice


4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Yeeech, post-nasal drip is something I used to suffer from a lot - thankfully not so much since meno... I was worried when you talked about coughing. Something we need all to be alert to these days! glad you are on the mend and so very heartened to see this delightful post of spring, sprung. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a challenge with all the sinus issues. Yes, it is good to be doing better as is Sis #1. Her numbers are looking good according to the oncologist. Hoping to have her around for quite a bit longer. Thanks for stopping by. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back again in a better health. Long may it last.
    Those bluebonnets are amazing and a whole field of them as well. Wow! I think I would have been flat on my stomach trying to get some in shot and then would have struggled getting up again.

    Glad to hear your sister is doing better as well.
    Stay safe, stay healthy.
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were several photographers that show up doing exactly what you suggested. Lots of fancy equipment. It is good to be back and feeling like writing again. Hope your headaches are not making it so hard for you. Klem

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings