privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

It Comes and Goes

The desire to write has been coming and going.  It never stays long enough for thoughts to become worth putting fingers to keys.  Sister #1's two adult children with the help of Sister #4 have sorted and distributed all of Sis #1's remaining possessions.  A huge bag of clothing came my way.  I worked through the pile.  Some I kept, most went back in the bag.  True to my requirement of one thing in one or two things out, my closet is less full.

There is a plastic tub of items sent to my family.  There are several bird figurines that are going to BGdaughter.  Her Grappa is an avid birder so she felt good about taking some of my mom's and sister's collections.  I took a crock pitcher.  Son asked for something else.  I haven't gotten up the gumption to get the items sorted.  Part of the issue is my right adductor tendon/muscle is giving me fits if I am on my leg too long.  The orthopedic doctor has me on limited activity till January.  Bummer.  Any activity I do has to be on a day that not many other things are done.  Oh, well.  The severity of the discomfort comes and goes.

It occured to me recently that the 'new' century is already over 1/5 over.  My mind did not want to grasp that reality for a bit.  How could it be that it seems like only a while back I was a king wondering how old I would be at the turn of the century.  I remember thinking that I would be really old at 54 years of age.  Then there were the months prepping for the unknown of what would happen to all the computers when Y2K became a reality.  Now we are almost 23 years past all that.  Emergencies come and then are gone.

We had errands this morning so both of us are not doing much more than keeping the recliners from floating to the ceiling.  Hubby turned the radio to an oldies station.  "Moments to Remember" came on and I was immediately sad thinking of Sister #1.  The song was popular the year she married at the young age of 19.  My Christmas sister gifts came this morning.  Only two gifts this year.  Just like everything in this world lives come and what seems the briefest of time, they are gone.  

Take care,

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I checked back, but no, I don't appear to have missed a post - but I glean from this that #1 has passed now and another chapter closed? My condolences for you all. No matter how prepared and accepting we are of the inevitable, there will always be a sweet pain...

    I hear you about the passing of time. It's all a bit befuddling, really. Each day as it comes... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Margaret passed on July 7 just before noon. She had been in the hospice unit in the hospital for almost a week.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings