privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, January 31, 2013

OB - Gyn Waiting Room

OB - Gyn

A place 
of sisters
Only girls
Ladies only
Except for
 the
expectant partner
or glowing new dad 
or the babe swaddled in blue.
The sisters sit in silence
Magazines lay unread
except for 
matronly 
hands.
Digital readers
Smart phone aglow
in the hands of youth.
The matrons
smile as
a sister round
with child
struggles from 
the chair.
We sit in
silence
but
we sisters 
link hands
from the pink
swaddled babe
to the eldest
and silent
angels 
of the 
past.

Stuff that rolled 
around in my head
while sitting
in the OB-Gyn
Waiting Room.

Janice Adcock
1/31/2013





1 comment:

  1. This is a sweet post, Janice! Those days of me being round with child are still fresh in my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings