privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fires on Cold Days

Gene has kept the home fires burning this evening.  We had a tree in our back yard cut down in November.  The tree was an Osage orange according to the folks that cut it down.  Even though it was not "cured" Gene has burned up the last pieces of it last night.  Now we are burning the wood delivered last Friday.

It is in the twenties and mid thirties today.  I had a meeting tonight so I was out in the chill.  The aroma of simmering apple butter on the stove and a fire in the fireplace greeted me upon my return home.  Yes, I do enjoy fires on cold days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings