privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Today's Excitement

The ringing phone woke me at 8 AM today.  I had not crawled into bed until after 3 AM.  I did not make it to the phone but a single touch and the number was called.  It was Richard, the technician.  With Dell to install the new part.  OK.  Richard was waiting for Fed Ex to open to pick up the new wifi card for my laptop.  He said he would arrive at our place around 9:15 to 9:30.  I had just enough time to do the required stretches for my leg problems.

The phone range again at 8:45.  Fed Ex opened early to let him get the package.  I was still in pjs.  Hubby had dressed and started coffee while I did my stretches.  Richard was guided by me to the best place to meet Hubby.  The leasing office is easiest for folks to find so that is where he decided to park.  The office is on the opposite side of the apartment complex.  Only about half a city block away from us.  Hubby headed to meet Richard and I jumped in for a really quick shower. 

Smokey during basic training time of life.
My hubby is not normally known as being very speedy.  Our son has chosen the sloth for his dad's animal spirit.  Hubby's army buddy nicknamed him Smokey.  The buddy had watched Hubby walk to the mess hall.  The buddy asked Hubby if he had ever seen the smoke rising from a fresh cow pie on a cold morning.  Yep, lots of times.  "Well, you move slower than smoke off a pile of cow s**t on a cold morning."  Thus Smokey came into being. 

I heard Hubby and Richard arrive as I was just hanging the towel on the rack.  (I did already have my clothing in the bathroom so this was not an issue.)  Sure glad Hubby was ready for an early morning walk.  And boy that was quick.  Did he jog?  There is a bit more information about the walk.  The wind was 20 MPH (32.2 kph) and the temperature was 25 F (-4.4 C).  That made for not only an early morning walk but a very brisk and quick early morning walk. 

I guess the frozen drizzle and sleet did not slow Old Smokey down a bit this morning.  And that was my excitement for the day. 
Hope all my Missouri friends are staying warm this week.   We will be back in the 70's by the weekend.

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings