privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, January 5, 2018

Haircut

Human, I felt like a human again instead of a limp wash rag.  So glad that is behind me now.  Yesterday my step count was 5600 + and I was still good to go today.  Of course I am suppose to do cross training the other day.  Today's cross training amounted to running errands. 

I really had not planned on going any where but I found a prescription from the dentist.  Better fill it before it expires.  The script is for antibiotics we have to keep on hand to use before dental appointments.  (Cause a knee replacement can become infected from dental work.  Really.)  Makeup stuff, allergy tablets and a couple of other things were needing to be purchased.  Somehow over the holidays all my makeup went kaput.  So that meant I had not eyebrows, no powder, no mascara.  With the shaggy hair, no color and old lady wrinkles I looked like the walking dead for most of the celebrations. Script and makeup could come from the Walgreens just up the street.  With a plan I headed out.  I dropped off the script and headed to look for a hair cut.

Previously the lady I had found that did such a great haircut moved back to Michigan.  I had not had a haircut since mid October.  Out of control shaggy dog hair was getting on my nerves.  All the cool/cold, dry weather had my hair literally standing on end this week.  I had to spray to get it to not stick straight from the top of my head.  Otherwise, I looked like this:Image result for static hair

Only with a whole lote more wrinkles and no color in my hair.

In the same strip mall as Walgreens is a Courtyard Salons.  Inside the building are a small shops of all sorts.  Hair, nail and other things.  I walked up to three different salons.  The first two did not look up.  The last third one looked up with a smile.  I asked if she had any openings.  She said she had time to do a trim and style if I could wait till she finished her current customer.  I have all the time in the world so I took a seat and did some people watching.  I do love our multicultural area of the world.  Anyway about an hour later I walked out feeling like I have found a permanent hairdresser.  Now I can keep this mop in control.

As I was walking to the car I received a text saying the script was filled so back to Walgreens.  Makeup, allergy tabs, ibuprofen, script.  Check, check, check, check.  Grabbed a take out meal on the way home and settled in to watch the ice skating competitions.   At 4500+ steps by the end of today this has not been a dish rag day at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings