privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Monday, January 15, 2018

The Lost Coin

“Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?  .... Luke 8, ESV, Biblehub.com

If you read yesterday's post, you know I had lost my wedding ring set.  I was very sad at the loss.  But the above scripture kept running through my mind.  No, I do not have 10 wedding sets, only the one and the one band other that is for my 'fat' times.  So I started looking again.  This time I had decided to use the broom and start digging under the washer, dryer and small chest type freezer.  I went into the tiny room, closed to door to get to the broom.  Looked down to the corner and there it was.  I did not even have my glasses on and I could see it.  I could hardly believe my eyes.  No need for a broom, just reach down and pick it up and back on my finger for a few precious minutes.  

Hubby was not in the apartment.  He had gone to the apartment complex common area to practice his Morse code.  I took the ring and laid it in the middle of the seat of his recliner.  I knew that he would see it there.  When he returned an hour or so later I did not say a word about the discovery.  He puttered around the apartment putting away some things, getting a fresh cup of java and finally headed to the chair.  He said his first thought was, 'surely I have not been sitting on this since Saturday.'  

He came to me and said, "How many more times will we be lucky".  You see not only had I lost it off my finger into the luggage in 2010, the stone almost fell out a few years before that.  I was messing with my ring and realized the stone could move around in the setting.  A trip to the jeweler was made where a new 5 prong setting replaced the old 4 prong setting.  The rings, which had been separate, were soldered together.  

With the cold weather withering my fingers and a slight loss of weight the ring is now too loose to safely wear.  In addition the ring thickness has reduced over the course of 50+ years.  It is no where near being worn through but something will need to be done to assure no more close calls.  Cause some things are just too precious to not be lost.

So sweep your corners, under everything and walk a recent path to find your lost coin.  May you be as fortunate as we have been.  For what was lost is now found and we rejoiced!

Thanks for the visit,
Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings