privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October 1, 2019 Home Alone

In just a few minutes the plane will be leaving the Austin airport heading for Nashville.  One of the most precious beings in my life is on that plane.  Hubby is flying to Nashville to meet up with his younger brother.  Tomorrow they will drive to the area where they spent their growing years.  Plans have them visiting areas they would go as kids alone.  Other places are locations to which their parents would take them.    They may even stop off at the class reunions this coming weekend.

The last time we flew Hubby forgot to mention he had a knee replacement.  Had he mentioned it he would have been sent to a different body scanner.  He was able to get the full treatment.  Shoes off, complete pat down and all the other things agents do to keep our flights safe.  Hubby sent a message that he was at his gate.  Once I was near our apartment I had the hands free device call him.  He said the headed to the scanner to avoid the pat down fun.  Agents were telling him to use a different one till he said the magic words, knee replacement.  'Yes, sir, you are headed the right direction".

Hubby talks very little most of the time.  Well, at least to me.  Cause after 52 + years there is not a lot of new things we need to discuss.  He does keep his amateur radios (yes, more than one at a time) turned on most of the awake time.  That means some static, CQ calls or conversations between complete strangers randomly filling the quiet of the apartment.  All of the radios are powered down during his trip.  Sure is quiet.  I surely do miss him already.

Thursday I will leave on the first leg of my own little sister time trip to Oklahoma.  Stopping first in Dallas for the afternoon and night.  Sissy #4 along with a couple of other folks and I will be going to see the movie "Downton Abbey".  I readily admit I am an Anglophile.  Hubby will be glad he does not have to be attending.

Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting, living room, table and indoor
Source:  Lawton Community Theatre facebook page
Friday Sis #1, Sissy #4 and I (#3) will head for Oklahoma.  Friday evening we will attend the local theater production of "Mamma Mia".  And now the line from Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' is my earworm for the rest of today.  BTW my niece's husband is the drummer for the play we will attend. 

While I was searching the internet for the above mentioned earworm, I fell down the internet rabbit hole.  Sir Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd and a few other interviews later, Hubby has landed in Nashville.

Well, the rabbit hole is calling me again so bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I adore that rabbit warren called the internet!!! It's quite a fine place to be, especially when no 'outside' interruptions are there &*> Travel safely yourself dear friend. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to be late getting back. Had a great time. janice, xx

      Delete
  2. I once wanted to know something about the Netherlands in the 17th century and two hours later I was reading up on the current crown princess of Spain! I think!! Rabbit holes indeed...

    Have a great time (although it might be finished already) with your family and hopefully hubby will return soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be fun to get lost in the rabbit holes.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings