privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

October 16, 2019

Last evening was another debate between the Democratic presidential hopefuls.  We listened to the St. Louis Cardinal playoff game.  St. Louis lost.  My favorite player, Yadier Molina  did what he always does, inspired the remainder of the team to work harder.  But for substituting Cartwright for Bader, the NLCS playoffs might have gone for one more game.  If, buts and should haves get a team nothing after the end of the 9th and the end of a season.  At 37 years of age it will be and achievement for Yadi to play another season.  Sure wish he could have gotten a world series championship.

These photos were from trip in 2018.  Yadier is intelligent, caring, inspirational and so talented in the game of baseball. Love me some Yadi!







On a more serious note the little boy, Braxon, I played with during the sister time is in the hospital.  The only sign of anything wrong with him on Oct. 7 was he threw up.  We all figured it was from too much birthday cupcake icing.  By Oct 12 he was occasionally falling for no reason.  By Monday as he put it, "My legs are wobbly".  He was falling often.  He was taken to the local Lawton hospital.  A CT scan was done.  Within hours he was sent by ambulance to Oklahoma City.   He had to wait a day for the MRI due to a backlog on the machine.  This morning, Oct, 16, he had the MRI and a lumbar puncture.  The good news is both were clear.  None of the worst case scenarios.

After the MRI and lumbar puncture came back clear, a diagnosis of Post-viral cerebellar ataxia was given. PVCA is a disease characterized by the sudden onset of ataxia (presence of abnormal, uncoordinated movements) following a viral infection. The disease affects the function cerebellum region in the brain. Most symptoms of people with post-viral cerebellar ataxia deal to a large extent with the movement of the body. Some common symptoms that are seen are clumsy body movements and eye movements, difficulty walking, nausea, vomiting, and headaches.

Brax had a viral stomach bug not long ago and then this happened. This could be a long road for Brax to get fully back on his feet.  He has prayers and family support to help him.  Brax is 4 years old.  He is the sort of little person with a heart of gold.  He was holding an ant.  He told my #2 sister, "Yaya, this is my friend."  The ant bit him and he cried, "Yaya, why did my friend hurt me?"  He always asked if I or any one near wanted part of whatever he was eating, even ice cream.  This evening he was able to go home.   BTW, adults get wheel chairs, kiddos get a great set of wheels!


I had a series of breathing tests today.  Will find out the results a week from Thursday.

All ya'll take care out there. 

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Sending some Love to wee Brax - I sure envy him those wheels!!! Always good to have a sporting hero/es wo bring one out of the immediacy of life - for me, currently, its the Rugby Union World Cup (Scotland are out but I'm an Aussie too... and have a new found respect for the Japanese team now too!). Waiting for test results is a bit of a bore, isn't it? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Love for Brax. Unfortunately he is currently on the road back to the hospital as his condition is worsening. My thoughts are consumed by his condition. All is in the hands of the universe at this time. namaste, janice xx

      Delete
  2. Love those wheels! I had to walk out of the hospital both times, no wheelchair or cars for me!

    Hope he will recover completely, even with the little set back he seems to have now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the cutest! My next post brings you up to date. It has been a wild ride.

      Delete
  3. Sending you a massive hug from this side of the world. I hope the news is better on Brax soon and that he is whizzing the car right out of that hospital. Hope you get good results on your tests too.
    Take care.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The newest post has you up to date on the wild ride for him and his family. I am doing better. namaste, janice

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings