privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 31, 2019

The local official weather station said they saw one snowflake last night.  Ha!  But it did get unseasonably cold last night, near freezing.  New low temperature records were set.  Add in the stiff wind and it feels like fall finally.

One of the blogs I follow, Ada's Poetry Alcove, had a post about spending time with her grandchildren.  Her grands are still young children.  Adventurous and exploring.  Reading the post sent a nostalgic feeling through me.  All 5 of our grands are teens.  Sure, they still give hugs.  They still say I love you.  Son's #2 will come over before Thanksgiving to help make the desserts.  Truth be told, I have become the helper.  His pie crusts are delightful.  Youngest grandson no longer asks me to help him sew projects. 

"Grandma, you need to get a picture of us hard working men",  Oldest Grandson said.


Just this fall a noticeable change in voices.  And faces.  Even the youngest stares at me at eye level.  Oldest grandson is almost 6 feet tall.  It is still fun to be with all of them.  The time together is different.  No more looking for fossils.  Or catching fish from my water garden or walks with Grandpa. 

We may make food runs for the always hungry boys/young men.  Granddaughter is away at college.  No more little projects for her.

My pie baking buddy.
Of course there are lacrosse games, a tournament this weekend.  Two of the grandsons are on the same team.  Bonus is still on crutches from his knee injury in football.  Otherwise, there would be 3 grandsons on the same lacrosse team.  Youngest has soccer games we have attended.  He, also, is in choir and drama classes.  That means plays and choir performances to attend.

It is fun and rewarding to see them all grow and seek their futures.  Yes, there was a time when Son's three would bathe together.  Do not even suggest they be in the bathroom at the same time.  At times it is unacceptable to them to be in the same general area of each other.  Other times, they bug one another to come play basketball or jump on the trampoline.  Good times, yes.  I do miss that child curling up to read a book before bedtime.

One other reason for nostalgic feelings today is 6 years ago.  This is the last photo of the backyard of our last home in Missouri.  It was, also, the last full day of my MIL's life.











Ya'll all have a spooky day and thanks or dropping by for a chat.



3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Watching the generations grow and create further generations is one of the key purposes in life - although it did pass me by! I have enjoyed being an aunty and a godmother though, so know something of the joy (and frustrations) that come with burgeoning families! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son and his wife were both only children. It can leave them a bit un-nerved when all five of their blended family are together. DIL found our son just standing in his closet one day. Just standing, not looking for anything. I just needed to be alone for a bit!

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      LOL... well, gotta admit, I kinda understand his predicament! When you are not used to it, having all that young life about can be exhausting! Yxx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings