privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, October 13, 2019

October 13, 2019

Well.  Let's just take a deep breath.  Hubby and I both arrived back home on Wednesday afternoon from our separate sibling times.  Hubby was with his brother on a road trip.  I was with my 3 sisters at #2's home.  He had flown to Tennessee, met his brother and then they drove to Missouri the next day.  I drove to Dallas then rode with my youngest and oldest sisters to Oklahoma.  Hubby was gone for 8 days, I was gone for 6.
See us sisters with our numbers.  Saturday we attended a fish fry at #2 Sister's church.  Her husband was the pastor of this church for about 25 years.  3 of the 6 days we visited they were still busy with church activities even though retired.
After a windstorm, #4 and I picked up the pears blown to the ground.  After we came home Old BIL made pepper jelly from them.

Sis #2 takes a few minutes to sit down after making 2 pecan pies.  She is  immediately asleep.  Thank goodness the cup was empty!  That apron was made by our Mom in 1984.  They were worn by the servers at Mom and Dad's 50th celebration.


L to R, Me, #4 Sister, #2 Sister and #1 Sister at Mama Mia play.  What fun!
During Sister time we had visits from numerous of #2 Sister's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  Here are the youngest of the great-grands that visited:

Brax with is Helicopter wind sock and landing pad.
Laike drawing on Yaya's white board on patio.







Hallee is the youngest of the great-greats.  #1 Sis in background.
Playing is hard work for us old sisters.
The windstorm that blew through brought much cooler weather to Oklahoma.  The morning of our last day in Oklahoma a heavy dew covered the grass.
Sunrise shadows
One last meal of Indian Native American Comanche tacos.  Yes, the owners of the restaurant are of the Comanche tribe.  (Unfortunately possibly descendants of the ones my great great grandfather chased out of Texas into the Indian Territory.  I felt shame at that thought.)  Good food!

Later that day #1, #4 and I climbed back in #4's SUV and headed to Dallas.  I spent the night at #4's then headed to the Austin Airport to get Hubby.  Over the course of the last two days #2 found a bra, mine, and some pills, #1, left in Oklahoma.  #4 found my earbuds I left in Dallas.  If you ever read through one of our text threads you would giggle for sure. 

# 4 Sis is sure the older sisters are getting really forgetful.  I think we are just leaving a trail to find our way back some time.




On my drive back from Dallas a call from Son.  He asked if we could pick up Grandson #2 after school.  Of course we can.  I called Hubby who was still at the gate in Nashville to give him the info about grandson's needs.  Also, I would be about 20 minutes late getting to the airport.  I had piddled too long as Youngest Sister's home before leaving.  Finally, after the drive from Dallas to the Austin airport I saw my love.   

You would think that spending 24/7 together in a 30' x 30' living space we would be ready for time apart.  Of course we had enjoyed the time with our siblings.  Hubby visiting all the places of his childhood with the one person, his brother, that had those shared times and places.  I had enjoyed being with my sisters as we reminisced shared times.  We stayed up past midnight playing cards and made new memories together.  The time with our siblings had been wonderful.  But, Hubby and I were surely glad to be back together.  We stopped for lunch and sat side by side in a booth.  Like a couple of teenagers on a date.  Yes, it was good to be home.

The day was not over and Grandson #2 needed a ride home.  We located him in front of the main building.  Surprise, surprise.  This 15 year old boy was hungry.  A text to Son and DIL confirming we had located him and were picking up food.  Did Bonus Grandson want food?  Surprise, surprise.  The 16 year old wanted food, also.  Food acquired, Grandson deposited at Son's home, and we were back in our easy chairs for the remainder of the evening.   Ahhhhh.  That was good.

While I was with my sisters I had received the report of the CT scan and swallow test.  No cancer detected in the esophagus.  Whoot, whoot!  However, nodules on the thyroid had been detected.  They needed to have a sonogram.  Extensive GERD issues needed further evaluation by a gastroenterologist.   Yeah for cell phones and texting.  An appointment for later in November was made with the gastro doctor.  Also, put my name on the standby list.  My GP ordered the sonogram and I was able to get an appointment for the morning after I returned from my trip for the sonogram. 

By Thursday afternoon I had a message from the GP the nodules were benign.  Again, whoots and a happy dance.  Not even a need for further followup on the thyroid nodules.  I was told to double up on the medication I was already taking for the acid reflux (GERD).  In addition to all this a real cool front moved through our area dropping the daytime high temperatures over 30 degrees.  The temperature change alone had already eased my breathing.

Thursday afternoon was the homecoming parade.  Two of the four grandsons would be on the lacrosse float.  We had planned to attend and film from the same location as last year.  We were to pickup #2 Grandson.  Now this week #2 Grandson has lost his cell phone use.  Finding him would be a challenge.  With the help of #1 Grandson and some luck the mission was accomplished.  Again, food for the Grandson (and us) and deposited at Son's home. 








#2 Grandson with hand in air.  #1 not in sight. 

With a bare cupboard at home and still road weary, Thursday evening I placed a grocery order on line.  Before setting a time for pickup or the groceries I checked with DIL to see if we needed to plan to do the after school pickup of Bonus and #2 Grandsons.  No, she had it covered.  With no doctor appointments nor pickup duties a convenient time was picked.  Not too early but late enough to not be out in the traffic. 

Friday morning arrived.  I would do laundry and Hubby would do the grocery pickup.  A text came in asking us to take #2 Grandson to lacrosse practice at 5:30 then meet for dinner.  Of course we will is the answer.  After all being available to help however we could is why we moved here in 2013.  Helping and attending activities as we did on Saturday.  #3 Grandson's soccer game and #2 and #1 lacrosse tournament.  #1 had his long stick broken across his chest during the first game.  He played the next two games with his ribs taped.

Now it is Sunday.  We slept late.  Moved at a nice slow pace.  Dressed in loose clothing, feet up and a cup off steaming coffee.  Checked to see how #1 Grandson was feeling after having his long lacrosse stick broken across his chest yesterday. He was at the ER checking to see if the ribs were broken.  Report came back "just" bruised.  Still, oh, my.  Bonus Grandson is already facing surgery in November for his knee injuries in football.  Boys and sports.

I guess that pretty well catches me up with activities.  Will just see what the next few days bring.  Just glad we have the ability to do things.  Ya'll all take care, you hear?

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Wow - adventures, playtime, family time, road tripping... Crikey Jan, you put me to shame with your energetic output!!! LOVE that shot of #s 1-4 &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis #2's granddaughter did the shirts. I am still recovering!

      Delete
  2. What a busy and happy time you've both had. Love your Sisters T-shirts. Great news your health news has turned out well. Yes there is always something with kids and their sports.
    Your life is full of adventures, I can just imagine the sisterly ribbing that went on over the lost/found bra! Are you sure you haven't got your toes painted blue?!
    Have a calm week. Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No blue toenails this week. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. My you do live a busy life! Love those T-shirts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings