privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Just A Quick Note

Up earlier than usual as today is Stretch Lab.  The last few minutes of the 1950s TV show, Leave It To Beaver, were playing on Me TV.  Recently Tony Dow who played the older brother of The Beaver passed away.  Sort of weirdly, Tony's wife sent out a report of his death about 24 hours before he actually passed.  I can understand that mistake.  Those last hours are an anxious time.  There are periods of time when the patient appears to not be breathing.  That's enough about Mr. Dow's death.

During my tween years, I faithfully watched The Beaver in order to see Tony Dow.  I was crushing on him in each episode.  I managed to nab a photo of My Guy Tony from some magazine.  I pinned this photo to the wallpaper in my bedroom.  Oh, the better to dream of us dancing together.  Maybe even walking on that street in front of the big house.  Of course, he would be carrying my school books.

In the last few minutes of today's episode, Walley and The Beav were in their bedroom.  Walley was being the wise older brother as usual.  Nice big room with twin beds and an attached bathroom.  

Now the Cleaver house was not a small house when viewed from the street.  If you compare it to today's typical homes, it would be really small.  But this morning I began to have a new thought.  (That may happen when I get up too early.)  Why did the boys have to share a room in such a large home?  Why am I even thinking about this as it was never a real home?  Think how much $$ was saved by having just one room.  Also, most people in the 1950s had children doubling up in a single room.  Guess having the boys in one room would make it seem more relatable.

But I still wonder if the writers really thought two boys could live happily in the same room for so many years.  Of course, having an on-suite bathroom was pretty awesome.  Still, just wondering.

Y'all stay safe.

Janice








 

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Wonderful early morning meanderings of the mind!!! I have no answers but enjoyed the questions. YAM x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things don't need answered. Just the fun or wondering and imagining is enough. Have a great day my blogger friend. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings