privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Oh, My Hair!

Monday was a well-organized morning.  The first order of business would be the permanent crown installation at 8:30 AM.  10:00 AM was scheduled for a long-awaited haircut.  The last organized item was a grocery pickup between 11:30 to noon.  That order of the morning would put me home in time to watch Mr. Dillon on Gunsmoke.  With all these places being no further than a mile and a half from home, the plan was very manageable.

Manageable if everything went on schedule.  I arrived at 8:30 but was not called back until 9.  I knew it would be best to let the hairdresser know I could run a bit close.  A quick text to let Misti know was the fastest approach.  Within minutes Misti was calling me.  She was in Houston on a family emergency.  She did not know how many days it might take before she could schedule a haircut.  I asked if she was okay and she began crying.  I told her to take care and let her go.  I still do not know what the issue is but I do know that her beloved grandmother is near 90.  The grandmother has been having health issues.  My haircut was the least of my concerns now.

It was a bit after 9 when I was called back for the procedure to begin.  The assistant reached into my mouth to remove the temporary crown.  It would not come out.  Repeated attempts by both the assistant and eventually the dentist proved unsuccessful.  Out came the drills and grinding instruments.  Even one of his tiny saws had to be used to remove the not temporary cap.  I joked that I came to the Castle, the name of the dentist's office, to get a crown and become queen.  The dentist laughed and told his new assistant, "This lady always makes up happy and makes me laugh when she comes in!"  There are worse reputations one could have. 

Instead of following the now-defunct plan, I drove back home.  I ate a bit of breakfast and settled in to take a look at emails, Facebook, etc.  I found a puzzle in need of assembling and promptly fell asleep.  I was startled awake at about 11:35.  Time for the grocery pick-up run.  And off I went.  Since the market is only 1.8 miles away, I arrived within the time frame.  As I was returning home a vehicle was blocking one lane.  Obviously, stalled.  I drove past the car along with the rest of the line of cars.  My conscience knawed at me so I turned around and returned to help.  Either someone else had helped or the car started as it was no longer near the intersection.

Back home Hubby was waiting by our assigned parking place with our cart.  The tubs full of groceries were placed on the cart and Hubby wheeled them in.  Once unloaded and put away it was time for Gunsmoke.  Another puzzle and no more naps.  I did not do much for the remainder of the day.  Not long after Gunsmoke was over my call rang.  It was the facility where last week's mammogram was done.  Seems there is something on the left image that needs to be rechecked.  That was not on the program.  I wonder if the "thing" was my squeaker.  Next Tuesday afternoon we will know more.  Till then I'll just keep on putting my puzzles together and try to not go crazy with my hair being too long.

Y'all take care.  I need to get myself busy figuring out something for Hubby's upcoming birthday.

Janice

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...I admit I did think that crammed order looked like it might crumble!!! Though, had you not texted Misti, you might have rocked up there and been left adrift, so maybe there is a silver lining. As for temporary crowns that refuse to budge... well, it makes one wonder... keep puzzling. Next week will come around quick enough. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an 82 birthday to celebrate on Sunday. I have a place reserved for the crew. And Tuesday will take care of itself. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings