privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Today, and Then Some

8 AM is not a great time of day to see me as I am usually in my pjs watching Perry Mason reruns.  Not today.  8 AM I was reclining in a dental chair.  Just a cleaning.  But no time for the extra treatments as I had a PEO meeting at 9:30 AM.  I would take the P.E.O. books with me to the dentist.  That would give me plenty of time to make both appointments.  Well, of course, the PEO yearbook was hiding from me.  I gave up and headed to the dentist.  While my mouth was filled with the dental tech's fingers and equipment I recalled placing the PEO stuff in a different place than usual.  By the final wash-out of the polishing compound, my mind remembered placing the PEO items near my sewing machine.

Upon returning to the apartment for my yearbook, there was just enough time to check my emails.   If all went according to plans, there would be sufficient time after PEO to ride with Hubby to his 1 PM Cpap check in nearby Georgetown. That town is one of the areas we are considering for a new apartment location.  An email was sent on Tuesday requesting to tour of the 62 + apartment community.  The request was for 3 PM.   No email answer.  Fine.  We will just stop by after the appointment, anyway.  Old people can get away with so much.

Why did Hubby need to check his Cpap equipment?  Seems Medicare does not want to pay for a machine if it is not being used.  What?  He sleeps with it every night and takes with on trips!  Turns out the doctor had the data from the machine on file.  Came in from the machine via the internet.  Why Medicare does not have it is an issue to be resolved another time it appeared.

Once Hubby had completed his appointment, the address for the apartments was put into Waze.  We were only 2 miles away from the place.   The manager found my email request and apologized for the inconvenience.  No problem.  I had come prepared with documents for the qualification of our finances.  We passed muster.  A great-looking place with all the conveniences one could ask for in an apartment home.  Unfortunately, the wait lists are closed as the wait time is 2 years.  Yes, two years.  

I told her I had heard about the wait lists. We were searching months ahead of our need.  As for the waitlist, she said they purge it as places become available.  Often folks no longer wish to reside there.  The net result is a shortened wait.  Good thing we are looking at other locations.  Now to get our name on hopefully a few more waitlists.  That is where the 'and then some' comes into play. 

Oh, I'll be lying in the dental chair tomorrow at 8 AM again.  Have to get a crown replaced.  Ugh.  So that is a strike out on the apartment and a foul tooth at the dentist.  At least the PEO meeting was pleasant.  Seeing new friends, a productive business meeting, and we made greeting cards as the program!  At least the day was not a total strike-out.

Y'all stay safe out there.

Janice



2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    is it worth knowing that tidbit about folk no longer wanting to live somewhere - are you able to obtain turnover data and feedback/refs??? A place can look great but be sterile...or hostile. I wish you well in the search. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have luck finding a new apartment! This looked like a nice complex. Do you think the waiting list will dwindle faster than two years? It may be helpful to talk t0 some people who live there and see how they like the upkeep and management. I know someday my husband and I will have to downsize as snow removal and lawn and garden care will become burdensome. I'm not looking forward to that--moving is a big job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings