privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Sunday, April 23, 2023

The Week Continues!

 Of course the week continues.  I have finally had to admit that this move and settling in is being a struggle.  A simple task can turn into a 3 - 5 hour ordeal.  I was changing out an extension cord to our coffee center.  The simple task was going really good.  While I was replacing the cords it became apparent dusting the china cupboard needed dusting.  I would rearrange Granny's fan and the other items and dust while doing this.  I was on a single step stool getting my little, easy project done.  Suddenly a terrible crashing sound filled the room.

Nope, Granny's fan was still in place.  Then I hear Hubby yelling for help.  His chosen project was to roll out the TV cabinet.  He would then connect the speaker system.  Something had gone terribly wrong as two of the wheels were collapsed.  Hubby was holding the 50+ inch flat screen at about a 45 degree angle.  His face planted in the middle.  OMG.  The videos, CD, books, et al were spilled onto the floor.  And to complicate it even more all the wires for internet, antenna, router, et al were still attached to the TV.

Hubby needed help to first hold the TV.  I grabbed my end.  That freed one of Hubby's hands to begin unhooking the array of wires from the TV.  Once detached we had to find a place to sit the TV down.  Remember all that stuff was spilled onto the floor.  Finally able to set the TV in a secure location we looked at each other in bewilderment.  Obviously there had been a variety of four letter words flying about from my mouth.  Hubby had said his preferred swear word . . . many times.

Assessment of the situation gave us a plan of action.  Remove the spilled items.  Tilt the stand to a fixed position on its back.  Place books, you know the ones that has spilled onto the floor, under each end of the stand so Hubby can remove the remaining wheels.  We would put the stand on furniture glides so it could be moved without damaging the floor.  Plan in place and in action.  Hubby removing wheels, me finding places for the books stored in the unit.

The plan B, C, or whatever was successful.  We lifted the TV to its place on the now wheeless stand.  Hubby began the work of reattaching all the cables, etc.  He even was able to accomplish the initial project of attaching the sound system to the TV.  I busied myself finishing my project of the power cords and dusting furniture.  After dealing with the chaos the spilled objects were replaced to their former locations.  It was now between 4 and 5 hours from the initial crashing sounds.  Old people do not move quickly. 

Neither of us had the energy left to prep a meal.  DJ the granddog was to spend the night with us.  We needed to drive across town to get her.  So make this work for our good.  To go food was ordered from Outback to be picked up on our return trip.  A meal of steak, baked potato and a salad was what Hubby deserved after winning the battle of the attacking TV and stand.  A glass of wine finished the day.                                                                                                                                                                                   Sunday morning after the early morning walk for DJ Hubby made a profound statement.  "I am not touching the TV today."  I think it will not happen for a loooonnnnngggg time.

TV stand on glides.  White hose out of place.

Hubby and DJ resting.

Take care out there.

Janice

PS:  Hubby just touched the TV.  He cleaned his cheek mark off the display. No human, animal, or device was harmed during the work.  ; )

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OMG - that could have gone so very, very wrong; instead, the hiccup led to a verbal release and a well-deserved take-in food treat. The relief of no injury or damage has dropped my shoulders, which I just realised had gotten all tight on your behalf!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Monday at 8:47 PM. No disasters thus far today. Of course, we decided to just chill again today! That reduced the possibility of a disaster. Hubby was able to connect another set of smart plugs all by himself! Oh, I did clean some of the shelf liners I salvaged from the last place. No to tackle actually organizing the guest bath closet to where we can actually find stuff. namaste, janice xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings