privacy notice

'cookieOptions = {my site gathers info, I am told. I do not know how to access the info. You can visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to see what Google does with info. As I do not have advertising on my blog, I am not certain if Google gets much information from my blog.}

Friday, April 21, 2023

This Week!

Electronics and machines have sort of dominated this week.  Smart plugs, computers, weather stations, smart lights, internet outage, and other stuff have just not been co-operative.  Several devices require 2.4 Ghz and our Spectrum supplied router is dual band that will not let most devices see anything but 5 Ghz.  Spectrum app has no place for me to be able to select the band to which a device needs to connect.  The "chat" box does not get it.  Online help has thus far not been able to advise.  And the Spectrum app continues to note the modem is having connectivity issues.  Noooo Kidding!  We are all having connectivity issues.

Our little Robbie the Robot gave up his/her/their last sweep in a loud whining sound.  Nothing could coax them back to giving a suck.  A new Shark robot was purchased. Beginning Friday Hubby downloaded the app and began attempting to attach the Shark to our internet.  Calls to and from Shark customer service lasted over a period of about 5 days.  It was finally established the wifi was not working.  Shark would send a new unit.  No return of the first unit.  Do whatever we want to do with it. 

Since the robot was not going to clean our apartment I pulled out the reliable Dyson DB26.  I vacuumed  our bedroom, window sills, bath, and closet.  As we had already done several projects by that time so I knew it was time for me to stop for that day.  The next morning I pulled out the vacuum to finish the job.  I pushed the on switch which immediately popped up rendering the vacuum useless.  More attempts gave the same result.  

It is possible I needed to clean the filters.  So all filters were pulled and washed.  There would be no vacuuming till the filters dried the next day.  Hubby returned home from coffee with some friends.  He pulled out the contact cleaner spray and was able to get the vacuum to stay running.  Well, till the spray would dry.  By the time the filters were dry the vacuum was still not working.  The robot could at least be used without being able to program it but Hubby wasn't keen on that.

Today I found a switch for the Dyson.  It arrives on Tuesday. Only FedEx and the shipping gods know when the robot will arrive.  Currently the spare bedroom/ham shack/office has tubs of stuff in the middle of the floor.  We discussed the situation and decided stuff could just stay where it is until we can get some vacuum running.  

The week did have a lot of good things happen, too.  Blackout curtains were purchased and Hubby installed.  The picture hanging system is installed.  Several pictures have found their new home's walls.  Hubby replaced is computer that has been a challenge since its touch screen quit working.  The therapist that I have been visiting weekly for almost six months said she thought she could release me in a couple of weeks.  So lots of good stuff.  

Friday night we joined Son and the last two grandsons still living in state for dinner.  Icing on the week.


Son, #4 Grandson, hat and hair of #3 Grandson, Hubby, almost me.

One side of living area with piles of 'where do these go?' items.

Dining area.


2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Settling in always seems to take longer than we anticipate, heh na? As long as is always the balance of the positive with the negative, life ticks well...

    You'll not have had time to catch up over my way, but there is a van in the offing and life on the road may be just around the corner for this older lass! Take care and keep on keeping on - looking forward to more photos of the new place! Huggies from here to there. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last few times I was able to visit your blog there had been reference to an itch to wander. May have even been mention of the van. Time for me to quit trying to get lights to automatically come on and get off my duff and just turn them on myself. Then there will be time to visit your blog again, finally,

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by this bit of nothing. Would enjoy any comments you might have. Blessings